When you already have 2... Why not have 3... Introducing!

Awesome!
Are your other two enclosures clear fronts or screen?
This is the first clear front. It is quite the stunning enclosure with the clear door.

Had a chat with Bill about these new ones. He is amazing and full of knowledge. It was nice to get some clarifications on humidity and how this format actually works with the chimney effect. Running through a test today to make sure it will work well for my environment.

This is the first clear front. It is quite the stunning enclosure with the clear door.

Had a chat with Bill about these new ones. He is amazing and full of knowledge. It was nice to get some clarifications on humidity and how this format actually works with the chimney effect. Running through a test today to make sure it will work well for my environment.
That was my next question :)
How does it compare in temp and humidity gradients to your screen front cages?

So currently I have a temp/humidity remote sensors in both my medium tall atrium that has a screen door and the new one with the clear door. I am using these two for comparison as they are closest in size. They are both placed in the exact same location 10 inches down right near basking on the side of the enclosure... Then I run 1 misting in the morning of 1 minute 30 seconds at 7:40. Keep in mind I do not have basking kick on until 10am. Now I do run a dehumidifier in the room or my humidity would sit at 70-75% the entire day lol.

At 7:30am Screen was 68 degrees and 74% humidity and Clear door was 69 degrees and 79%.
It is now 2 hours later. Screen is 77 degrees and 56% humidity/Clear door panel is 77 degrees and 58%.

So the chimney effect definitely works exactly how Bill described it would. ❤

And I am seeing a gradient as you move down into the plants same as it was with the screen. Temps along with humidity change. Humidity is higher in the plants while temps decrease.

Further testing of branches to ensure they are drying out after misting... 2 hours later they are totally dry now with a bit of moisture still on the plant leaves. Same in the screen enclosure as well.

Looks like this will be highly effective even with my high natural humidity level.

11:30am- Screen is 81 degrees and 50% humidity / Clear door panel is 83 degrees and 48%. ambient is sitting at 73-76 in the bottom half and humidity is sitting at 56%..

I might need to adjust my basking fixture in the clear door just slightly higher. Depending on what I see today with temps at basking.

I managed to get a few good pics of him this afternoon. All day when I tried he became a stick lol. He seems to be adjusting well to his big boy enclosure and had no issues finding his feeder.

9-25-20_2.JPG 9-25-20_1.JPG

Baby Bentley just cracks me up. The first picture he had not realized that I was there with the camera yet. In the second one he did. lol He is doing so well in his big boy enclosure. Really blown away by this little one and his big personality.

9-29-20_1.JPG

9-29-20_2.JPG

Yeah I did a thing.... Meet the newest member of my family. He looks quite a bit bigger here then he really is lol. Right now he is settling in to his baby cage. Will take many more pics as he gets comfortable. He already at 8 crickets 30 minutes after getting home. I am excited to have a translucent. Normally I don't find them that cute but when I saw him on Tuesday I was done for. Spent the week trying to talk myself out of it. It did not work. :hilarious:

View attachment 276538
He's Fantastic! I have two veiled translucent females, but very little white and pink comparably to your little fellow... He's top marks for looks!!! I also got my third recently and thought I had lost my marbles, but I'm smitten.

Attachments

• IMG_E9626.JPG
    IMG_E9626.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 71
He's Fantastic! I have two veiled translucent females, but very little white and pink comparably to your little fellow... He's top marks for looks!!! I also got my third recently and thought I had lost my marbles, but I'm smitten.
Yeah yours the feet may go white or even black as they mature. Some will hold the pink skin. Those that do not are considered pied morph more then a translucent. Bentley is more of a true translucent as he has so many pink sections.

Back
Top Bottom