When will they stop growing?

I wouldnt think 44 grams was overweight no.

Can you be a little more descriptive, a little less cryptic Brad, perhaps provide a guide for the care of females SPECIFICALLY outlining exactly what 'conditions' will help avoid the female cycling as often? This seems rather vague, leaving the only avail info about feeding, which may result in a person underfeeding instead with the intent of preventing large clutches.

Perhaps you could point out the relevant areas of the famous Kitty blog, as regards to the above?

What conditions are not 'too good' in captivity? This is all but forcefully encouraged here in everyway, feeders, suppliments, abundant water, perfect temps anmd humidity etc etc. This 'coddling' effect Ive spoken of here before and nobody agreed! :)

Hear you go.....this part of the "kitty blog" tells you how to keep the females.
http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html

So pretty much slightly lower temperatures and minimal but sufficient diet.
Perhaps this could be better outlined? what constitutes 'maintanance diet', or 'minimal but sufficient diet' as far as a new owner is concerned?
I think perhaps 'female diet schedual' could be written for future refrence , specifically for those without intent to breed, might be more revealing/useful?
:)

New owners of females will want to know, how many of each specific feeder per day, what size, or per feed etc, daily feeds till how old? etc etc
The above outlined section leaves much to be interpreted, not an easy task to a new owner.

But it is vague on the size of the crickets being fed because she is 3/8th inch crickets

What is the rule of thumb for males? I find it hard to figure out if I'm feeding mine too much or too little.

feed male that have passed 8 months around 8 crix everyother day...if its a diffrent feeder just try to not overdue it

With female veilds whom are not being mated, is it okay to still feed them greens every day and worms/crickets every other day?

Or will that only raise the chances of them producing more clutches?

So pretty much slightly lower temperatures and minimal but sufficient diet.
Perhaps this could be better outlined? what constitutes 'maintanance diet', or 'minimal but sufficient diet' as far as a new owner is concerned?
I think perhaps 'female diet schedual' could be written for future refrence , specifically for those without intent to breed, might be more revealing/useful?
:)

New owners of females will want to know, how many of each specific feeder per day, what size, or per feed etc, daily feeds till how old? etc etc
The above outlined section leaves much to be interpreted, not an easy task to a new owner.

Jo, I think that this is a great idea! :D I would most certainly find this information very useul. I really don't want Amy to lay such enormous clutches as Lily did, so guidelines for feeding amounts would be brilliant! Although I am not a new owner, as such, I do have my first baby cham, and I want to make sure I do things right for her!

Back
Top Bottom