What's a better idea?

Depends on your chameleon most of the time. Some take a while to actually drink from misting so you may need to see what works for yours. Some keepers will mist for 3-5 minutes at a time. I only mist for about 40 seconds at a time and have one slightly longer session. My boy HATES the mister and does not drink from it no matter what I've tried so misting for longer is a waste. Just make sure the humidity is where you want it and your plants get enough to form droplets on the leaves and if live plants that they get enough water to survive. If you do water for extended periods, and have live plants, you may want to work on better drainage for the soil.

Depends on your chameleon most of the time. Some take a while to actually drink from misting so you may need to see what works for yours. Some keepers will mist for 3-5 minutes at a time. I only mist for about 40 seconds at a time and have one slightly longer session. My boy HATES the mister and does not drink from it no matter what I've tried so misting for longer is a waste. Just make sure the humidity is where you want it and your plants get enough to form droplets on the leaves and if live plants that they get enough water to survive. If you do water for extended periods, and have live plants, you may want to work on better drainage for the soil.
When he is very thirsty I see him wait by this one leaf that gets a lot of drops on it and then when it goes off he runs on top of it and drinks. The humidity usually stays in the 70's so I think I should just keep it how I did :)

if he is always waiting for water, maybe bump up the mist times a little, or add a dripper for in between times.

I must have an odd ball....
My guy doesn't ever drink from leaves when I mist....EVER. Instead when he is thirsty he runs up to me and drinks straight from my mister bottle - every single time.
I keep a little dripper bottle in there at all times and once in a while see him use it. But rarely. He would rather drink my mister bottle....I hand mist the enclosure several times a day. (And yes offer him a drink every time)

I would love to have a dropper but I wouldn't know where to put it :(
I wasn't sure either so I just put it at the front (right) corner so he can see the water dripping. Not sure if he's used it for drinking Ive never seen him but he does use it for climbing on lol

Attachments

• 20160709_121625.jpg
    20160709_121625.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom