What would you have done? Injured Quadricornis Purchase

Might you be better-off buying him now--at a serious discount--
They won't do that for me. They don't care if it's injured. They won't give it to me for less then they paid for it. Or less than what they want for it.

I am now noticing things wrong with the female too.
She has the same problem VERY SLIGHTLY. Her back sail fin on the tail area has very tiny small black bones coming out. It looks to have healed on the female already. I tried to put peroxide on it and no bubbles like when I put peroxide on the male's fin and saw bubbles.

I also notice she is missing one toe on one foot. This also seems to have healed but has a block spot on it.
It appears she is not very good at climbing screen walls.

I believe these animals have been abused at the reptile show.

Both of them show signs of abuse. This is sickening.

Yes, I have to see the injured male every time I go back there. To me it looks like some prick walked up and snapped his fin.

I will be back there on Monday asking for my chameleon even though they will likely not have it for me and told me just to call instead of coming in. >=(

NO SIR! YOU WILL BE FORCED TO MAKE AN EXCUSE EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU DO WHAT IS RIGHT! BOZO!
HE gets to see my face in person every day wondering WTF is going on.

It would be nice if I had another chamie keeper local who would volunteer to go in this shop with me and tear these people a new one. I'm sure I'll end up doing it myself but I promised to give them a few more days just to see if they really do come up with one.

Here is her missing toes (she's flipping us off)
(note she is also about to shed so she is pretty dark and a little stressed from me holding her)
toesandsails001.jpg

Here is her tail sail fin just behind the vent. You can see the black things poking out a tiny tiny bit. I believe this is her bones! The male was 20 times worse and actually had the rear fin broke and twisted 90 degrees to the side, with the bones poking out of the fin!

This appears to be healed but the male is not so lucky as I can see bubbles when I put peroxide on the make before I brought him back.
toesandsails002.jpg

I see it is all black around her head too but that could be blamed on shipping I suppose. I was told these animals didn't sell at the show and I believe it's because they may have been abused there by pokey fingers and children who's mother's don't watch what they do etc etc etc.

I wouldn't promote those shows or buying animals there at all. If I had went to that show and bought these there I would not have been able to take them back and at least have a prospect of a new one at some point some day.

I have four mistreated chameleons right now from four different southern California shops and one shop owes me $150 or a male Quad! This is crazy. Not one of these shops out here practices proper care of these animals. I used to work taking care of reptiles for a guy who supplies pet shops and I never seen so many unhealthy chameleons until now.

I went back there today because I Was just going to take the injured male home and then bring him to the doctor and keep him and be done with it AND THEY HAD SOLD THE MALE! They told me they would hold him until the new ones came so I could compare and chose and they lied again and sold it! Supposedly.

I don't know who in their right mind could still sell the animal. That is jacked up.
I bet you good money they never told the people either.

So now I can't have the same injure4d male back and they sold him to somebody with bones hanging out who probably doesn't even know it to take care of him.

They also said they are getting me baby quads now when I have a female who was paired up. I need an adult! I can't do anything with a baby paired to an adult female!

These guys are screwing me left and right.

I'll never buy another chameleon again after this. Worst experience ever. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Once I am given what I am owed I will post this shop name everywhere I Can and badmouth the living hell out of it.
Somehow I'm sure I'll never be given what I am owed! Rather, something different than a sub adult/adult male quad.

I tried to get the injured male back! Honestly I did. I was just going to keep him I Feel so bad and now they sold him out from under my nose. This is a freaking unreal experience. I can't even believe the events taking place.

Hey im sorry you had to go through this. I would be pissed to. Im sure you will find a nice male down the road. Just keep looking. Good luck and keep your head up high:)

I Can't look around. These people owe me the money or the chameleon. Otherwise I would have went somewhere else. They have me pinned to get it from them and they aren't getting it! :mad:

I could have had tons of chameleons shipped to me in this amount of time. These guys are total losers.
I'm being ripped off $150.
They continue to sell injured animals.

I'm going to have to try that tomorrow.
I will bring them the female back since they seem to have no trouble selling injured animals and demand my money.
I can't even believe they had the nerve to sell that male again.

Screw this. Someone will get rocks through windows if I don't get it too.
Mark my words. Broken windows that size cost a lot more than a chameleon.

I am guessing here but I doubt they sold that male quad.
he might have died from the mistreatment

just my opinion

I hope everything goes well

Dang man I knew I shouldn't have taken him back. This keeps getting worse and worse.
I should have just sucked it up and taken him to Cameo and my Vet again even if it cost me more money. I would have had to have them checked out anyways.
This is a disaster.

Everything will all come to a head here very shortly.
Watch I'll end up in jail now for breaking shop windows because I wanted to buy a pair of chameleons in the long run.

I'm sorry you have had to go through all this stress :(... it is nice to see someone just as concerned about that poor injured chameleon as much, if not more than getting their money back, it shows you care, and it is nice to see :)
This is just a side note, but don't use hydrogen peroxide on a healing wound, it destroys the healing tissue and it will never heal. This is one of the things that we don't do in vet medicine anymore. Never apply hydrogen peroxide or betadine to wounds that are greater than a day old otherwise it can cause more harm than good. The thing to use is called chlorahexadine (Nolvasan), or even better Techni-Care (can't remember the generic name)... just wanted to let you and other people know that :)

Woops, my bad.
Not the first thing I did wrong in this situation though and obviously not one of neglect.

I'm was trying to do anything I could to figure out if I could help or see if the injuries were "still current" or healed or not by seeing if bubbles arose from the injured areas with the peroxide. I thought about it after the fact that I did it that maybe chameleons are not humans and probably don't like human medicines, at least directly from pharmaceutical bottles at least.

I don't even know what to do anymore. :eek:

I find it hard to believe I'm still in shock from all the crazy stuff that goes on the world these days. I should totally just expect the worst to happen at all times.

You've done NOTHING wrong in this situation. You trusted a pet store, most people would do that, and you still may end up getting what you wanted all along in the end. Would you settle for a store credit from them and just buy supplies? I bet they'll do that. It will work out, you just have to get tough on them. They are the type to prey on kind people such as yourself. Tell them not to mistake your kindness for weakness, and they'll get the point ;)

what happens to the male you returned? do you think he'll get the proper care in thier hands. you should ask for some store credit and offer to take the injured male as well, some animals stand a better chance in the hands of a caring individual, rather than in a tiny little cage in the back corner of some shop. If he needs a visit to the vet that is a different story, because of the $ amount.

I was about to eat the vet fees and try to visit the lady my vet told me to also. I believe she is a member on this board, I don't know to be honest.

I was going back there to get him today and then coming home to schedual an appointment with my vet. He was "sold" as they told me. Why I didn't blow up on them right then and there evades me for basically selling MY male that I paid for and as of yet received no reimbursement for! That's what I get for returning it without compensation though. My mistake. Won't happen again.

If I were to think about what I wanted out of this whole situation, it would be to never have gone in that store at all. That's obviously too late. So what I want #2 is what I did my studying and returned to the store to purchase what I did my studying about. The pair of Quads I saw. Now that seemingly will not happen either as of today. What I could want now.. is my money back.

I was totally scammed. I don't want anymore animals. I love my Monkee veiled chameleon that was fed mealworms her whole life until she was deformed and had probably 30 seconds of misting a day at petco and now I saved her. I finally saw her dig once so I know that she knows there is dirt for her to dig in and her colors show how happy she is and she is active and loves when I come to the cage to feed her because she comes right up to the front of the cage to see what I have for her without being scared at all.

I wanted to help these two chameleons I saw and maybe breed them one day and that is not going to happen. I don't want store credit at this weirdo horrible shop with pirate owners who care nothing for there customers. Screw them, they can have my money. They got me for me being stupid enough to not see the scam in the first place.

Won't happen again.
Now to focus on caring for the female quad I was smart enough to hang on to. She cost me $170.

Here is the only pics I have of the male. :mad: They are from my iPhone
You can't see his injuries very well. Again it looked like someone grabbed and twisted his tail fin 90 degrees to the right. I have red arrows pointing to what I mean but you cannot tell the bones are sticking out because the pictures are so bad. Trust me, they are. If you look close enough you can see where the bones are broke and bent 90 degrees. It's fairly obvious even with the crap picture.

Also I took these pics before I noticed his injury.

And one more thing... that was not ever intended to be their permanent home together. Thanks for understanding this. I was going to equip them after getting them home.. the next day. I had the money for two cages and two lights.

quadricornisiphonepics002.jpg

quadricornisiphonepics005.jpg

here's the female again for the heck of it. Took these same time same day. You can see her tail fin is all baggy and shagged up too looking.
quadricornisiphonepics004.jpg

quadricornisiphonepics003.jpg

I have been following this thread since you posted it.
thank you for the photos to clear up what you were talking about with the male.
I'm sorry the pet store is full of a buch of jerks, but understand that the animals you are posting are wild cought and can come in bad shape to begin with.

there are a few adult male quads still around from the major import of them still...so if you really want another one, start looking on kingsnake and from a few members here.

I got real lucky with my WC Quad male, Quadzilla.
he came in all banged up and had really bad knees.
almost everything has now cleared up and his knees look like they have fully healed.
your female will need lots of water, food and love to bring her back to full health...I know you can do it. ;)

Harry

I would keep the female. You dont want her subjected to the stress of being returned to the store. I would however ask for a refund for the price of the male. Then I would wait until I could find a cb male quad from a forum member as there arre several that are now working with quads on this forum. If you absolutely cant wait then i would look at our site sponsors for a male as they will usually have been treated and acclimated prior to sale for parasites and such. As almost all quads you will find are wc imports.

I am stuck with her now.
Although another solo beat up female is not what I wanted.

Also, I will not go looking for another male.
I'm done buying chameleons. These guys have ruined the experience for me completely.

I'm going back there a couple hours after they open today (11am scumbags) and demanding my refund, hoping they have made some sales and can't use the "oh we don't have any money in the register" excuse to not give me the refund.

Then I'm coming back here and posting their name and number everywhere I can on the internet and the news paper and then I might just go stand outside with a sign that says they sell injured animals.

Right now I am going to call animal control and see if there is anything they will do for me. Probably not though, they work with stray cats and dogs. BBB won't help me, who will? Nobody. Nobody gives a rats you know what.

Ooh I called animal control!
Waiting for an officer to call back. I hope they help me!
I'd love for them to pay these guys a visit more than anything. I'd give up my money just to see the look on their faces.

Back
Top Bottom