What would be a sick breed with a Faly?

If by cool you mean a complete waste. Sorry, I am very anti crossing locales of different panther chameleons. They are all the same species but in my opinion it is important to maintain pure locale bloodlines whenever possible. I find hybrids hideous looking and much prefer the standard locale look. Hybrids are worth much less and it is very important that they do not enter into breeding projects and are then mislabeled as pure locales. Here are a couple threads you should read:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/why-not-breed-ambilobe-7124/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/naturally-occuring-panther-hybrids-13765/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/panther-hybrids-329/

Chris

i would have to say i agree with this. :)

At the end of the day, I think we all need to attempt to do everything in each of our power to maintain purity in our own lines because who knows when importation will stop and we will be stuck with what we have.

Ya know, that's about the best reason I've heard so far for keeping types pure. However, what you or I "think should happen" should not be imposed on people who purchased their own, legal animals and I don't see any reason for stigmatizing people who do what they want with them.

To me, the idea of keeping all lines "pure" is just not realistic currently. ESPECIALLY when I've had a number of professional breeders, who we are all familiar with, ask me for my opinion on the locality of males they'd received. Just because one individual looks like something, doesn't necessarily mean he came from there or has the genes to pass on the same look to his progeny. It seems like what you're expecting is to either not breed un-Id'ed females (and iffy looking males) that come in, or cull their offspring if they are not readily identifiable as a certain type. Neither of these seem like great options to me.

I've been keeping panther chameleons consistently since 1992. We are no closer now than we were then to keeping all bloodlines pure simply because of the way imports come in unidentified. Until that changes....

As many times as I have participated in this conversation... I still feel I learn something every time. Thanks to everyone on both sides of the coin.

:D Your welcome every 1 for creating this debate, as long as both sides stay proper i am game, i dont mind people disagreeing with me, but just keep it clean like you have been. Many people have said this and i totally agree i learn something every time i read the posts and i appreciate all the enthusiasm in them. Thank you for furtheing my knowledge in these fantastic species!!!!!!!

$$$$$$$$

Pardon me,this is my very first post on CF,although iv been reading,studying,and trying to learn all i can from this wonderful site almost a year now.I read all these post of members wanting to cross breed these different locales,and inevitably EVERY time it steers towards,"they want be worth as much,you want get as much out of,$$$$$$",myself,im just an average guy with an average IQ,disabled,but i really love my PETS,i have Ambilobe/Sambava crosses,i didnt go catch them on Madagascar,and if i had,i still wouldnt have known their pure genetic makeup,iv bred Rat Terriers for over 25 yrs,every so often i get an odd pup,wonder what that means.The same goes for my (show)chickens,what started out as so called pure,will eventually throw a curve ball,there is no PURE anything,nothing,zilch,something had to be crossed to make a certain strain with any animal,just sayin,if you like it,do it,but please dont try to sell it,dont pollute the gene pool so others cant sell their Chams for $500.

Pardon me,this is my very first post on CF,although iv been reading,studying,and trying to learn all i can from this wonderful site almost a year now.I read all these post of members wanting to cross breed these different locales,and inevitably EVERY time it steers towards,"they want be worth as much,you want get as much out of,$$$$$$",myself,im just an average guy with an average IQ,disabled,but i really love my PETS,i have Ambilobe/Sambava crosses,i didnt go catch them on Madagascar,and if i had,i still wouldnt have known their pure genetic makeup,iv bred Rat Terriers for over 25 yrs,every so often i get an odd pup,wonder what that means.The same goes for my (show)chickens,what started out as so called pure,will eventually throw a curve ball,there is no PURE anything,nothing,zilch,something had to be crossed to make a certain strain with any animal,just sayin,if you like it,do it,but please dont try to sell it,dont pollute the gene pool so others cant sell their Chams for $500.

You do know this thread is a few years old right?

Back
Top Bottom