What type of screen is preferred...

Drew52

Hello everyone...First of all I'd like to thank everyone for their insight and assistance in answering all of my questions throughout the past few weeks. I'm new to the forum and in the process of having a custom wooden enclosure built for my baby panther, he won't be ready for his "big boy" house for a few months (he's only 3 + plus months old) but getting a jump on the purchase so everything is ready when the time comes. One of the questions asked by the builder is what type of screen I want to use. I'm looking for the pros & cons, as well as recommendations as to what is the safest and widely used by everyone...aluminum, fiberglass, mesh, etc? I don't want anything thats too dark, all sides & top will be screened. Would certainly appreciate any input as to "whats the best" to use. Thanks in advance!

I prefer the aluminum screen because feeders cannot chew through it and a lot of more light enters this type screen over the nylon screen. Also you can look into putting the large green mesh on the inside to make it easier for them to climb.

Chris

I prefer the aluminum screen because feeders cannot chew through it and a lot of more light enters this type screen over the nylon screen. Also you can look into putting the large green mesh on the inside to make it easier for them to climb.

Chris

I used aluminum and the green plastic liner to keep the toe nails safe. Check out my profile and my album to see photos of the cage that I built.

I would just use whatever doesn't get their mails ripped off. I about 1/4" PVC others are 1/8 nylon. Crickets can get out of the one but its more open air. You could build it yourself and experiment.

Back
Top Bottom