What type of roaches are these?

c81kennedy

I plan on culturing some roaches for my pygmies and geckos. Well today while checking for eggs in my crested gecko tank I found what looks like 2 or 3 different types of roaches living in the substrate. I know what type one is but can you guys figure out what the other 2 are.
feed017.jpg

feed016.jpg

feed015.jpg

Also heres a pic of one my girls looking pretty.
feed007.jpg

The nymphs that are half shiny and half dull and the winged adult are surinam roaches. I culture them and they are a very fast producing roach that works well as a feeder. They can climb smooth surfaces so I use a strip of smeared olive oil as a barrier in their tubs so they cant climb out. They like a 2+" substrate that is a little moist. The adults are all females so they reproduce through parthenogenesis. They are found in the wild in FL as an introduced species.

Thanks pssh Your always quick to help out and I really appreciate it. My golddust geckos love the tiny shiny ones. Im living in florida so somehow they must have got in. The ones with the big round shells are B. Discoidalis I bought them to culture but most are too big for my guys. The biggest roach looks like a palmetto bug but I wasnt sure if it was just an adult of the little shiny ones. Well Im off to look up surinam roaches. Iv got some surinam cobalt dartfrogs so why not more thing from that area.

Back
Top Bottom