what type of panther is this?

JackAttack

hello all :)

well, we have a new addition :) as some may have seen in earlier posts, ive posted pics of him before, but he has grown! his name is Jude, but i wondered what kind of panther you suppose he is? he's super calm, and quite content to come out of his cage, and wander around. he has yet to hiss at us, or get aggressive, almost the same nature as mr jackattack.........;) i love this cham <3........any thoughts on what type of panther he is?? thanks!!!!

Attachments

• 100_0424.jpg
    100_0424.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_0428.jpg
    100_0428.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 213
I see you are in Alberta. He is old enough to possibly be from a shipment I sent months ago to JJ reptiles. Looks like one of mine.....

No guarantee that he is full Ambilobe ...

But he sure leans that way, and it is an inexact science. He looks very heathy, so kudos to you !

thats what we thought he was!!!!!!!! :) we bought him at a PJ's pets at random, didnt expect to buy a cham that day, but he was looking at us ;) and another question, what makes him amilobe vs sambava etc????? thanks again!

The snout and head shape look Ambilobe, the rest looks kinda...:confused:

He's a good looking chameleon, I will say that...;)

-Jay

thats what we thought he was!!!!!!!! :) we bought him at a PJ's pets at random, didnt expect to buy a cham that day, but he was looking at us ;) and another question, what makes him amilobe vs sambava etc????? thanks again!

Sambava and ambilobe etc are all different locals of furcifer paradalis. The difference between locales is their coloration and patterns. I've even heard some talk of differences in certain physical attributes between locales. It's an interesting topic if you have time to dabble and research but it does have its confusing points. Heres a link to a local thread I started when I was reasearching locality:https://www.chameleonforums.com/locales-26961/ He looks very much like an ambilobe but perhaps something more?:confused:
Regardless though thats a nice looking cham you've got there.;) Best of luck with him.

Back
Top Bottom