What to expect with a Respiratory Infection

Could be the antibiotics or just him not feeling right due to the RI symptoms so he doesn't want to eat.

I've been struggling with getting him to have an appetite. Around a month ago I bought 25 butterworms, 20 hornworms, and some BSFL's. Out of all this, he ate maybe 20-25 of the BSFL's. He's currently at 205 grams so he can probably go a long time without food, but I am more worried about getting vitamins/calcium into his body. Root cause of this I think is me feeding him mostly superworms for a few months, not realizing how bad they were.

Could be the antibiotics or just him not feeling right due to the RI symptoms so he doesn't want to eat.

I've been struggling with getting him to have an appetite. Around a month ago I bought 25 butterworms, 20 hornworms, and some BSFL's. Out of all this, he ate maybe 20-25 of the BSFL's. He's currently at 205 grams so he can probably go a long time without food, but I am more worried about getting vitamins/calcium into his body. Root cause of this I think is me feeding him mostly superworms for a few months, not realizing how bad they were.

Could be a mixture of the RI and just being picky, honestly. Worst case, you can try sneaking some healthy food in his mouth while he's drinking, or gaping.

(I don't want to derail Sable's thread, though - might want to post in your own!)

Is it safe to put feeders in their mouth while gaping? I recently found I can get my boy to gape wide if I hold my temp gun near him. I would love to give him a big gutloaded dubia... my colony is growing exponentially since he does not eat them.

Is it safe to put feeders in their mouth while gaping? I recently found I can get my boy to gape wide if I hold my temp gun near him. I would love to give him a big gutloaded dubia... my colony is growing exponentially since he does not eat them.

Omg the temp gun! It is Mona's nemesis she will gape at it every time. I was actually mad I didnt being it with me to the vet so he could see inside her mouth.

Back
Top Bottom