What to do???

Perceus

A little while ago I made percy a cricket feeder holder with a gallon jug and wire mesh in the back (like the one shown in other threads). I thought...awsome, this will fix the loose cricket in the cage problem. I did this so i knew if he was eating or not. Unfortunately the crickets STILL found a way to do backflips out the container :( . Sooo...for the past month or so i have been feeding worms in a cup but now he is being picky noob again. I liked giving him crickets but I feel more comfortable knowing that he is eating and how many. It also makes me feel secure that he is getting his supplements on the right day too.
Suggestions??

Hmm.... well, if you don't want to just let them free range, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Perhaps a bigger feeding bin? Maybe even put it on the bottom of the cage and he'll still have to work to get his food but it'll be in one place.

Besides that, perhaps hand feed a few of them? If you dust one or two crickets a little more heavily than all 6-7 (don't know how much he's getting a day), perhaps you can hand feed him those two so you know he's getting his supplements, and free range the rest? I know it makes you uncomfortable but it's really very healthy for them to have to find their food and hunt for it. It's healthy physically and mentally.

Shoot, then I don't know what else to suggest. Hmm, I'll mull it over and come back if I can think of anything.

Back
Top Bottom