What to do with dead crickets? A solution!

ChamAllen

All my chams eat both crickets and worms.

I fill a bowl with potting soil (no pesticides), but a thousand super worms, put the worms in the potting soil and as crickets die put them also in the potting soil.

Worms and beetle larva eat bacteria, algae and fungus. This is the perfect diet for them and ends the problem of what to do with your dead crickets.

Result? The worms live longer and I think they're bigger and more nutritional.

Your thoughts?

OK. I thought it was original. All these years I've been scooping them up in a dustpan and throwing them out.

Thanks.

Doesn't make it a bad idea just because someone else thought of it too. :)
and its worth sharing
- I didn't mean to come off negative in my first post - rather wanted to be supportive of the idea -

curious why you have enough crickets to warrant a dust pan!? you must have a lot of crickets?

Thanks.

Want to see the biggest, healthiest sweetest Meller's on the planet?

See attached.

Attachments

• Melanie Meller.jpg
    Melanie Meller.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 280
  • All the contestants.jpg
    All the contestants.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 321
  • 20130520_070834.jpg
    20130520_070834.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 254
My Ziggy looks just like the cham in your profile pic.

What's your little man's name?

Attachments

• Zig 2 2.17.13.jpg
    Zig 2 2.17.13.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 250
Well I know the roaches will probably think their getting filet mignon or something! My current colony had been badly neglected for months no food or water. My son had them for a beardie and thought they were all dead so did not pay attention to them. When he went to empty the bin lo and behold there were still live roaches in there who apparently had no problems cannibalizing their dead relatives. They are thriving now with tons of babies! Truly amazing creatures... creepy but amazing!

Back
Top Bottom