what to do when she arrives

haydenm14

so i ordered a little girl a few days ago and she will be shipped out from kammerflage kreations in a week or so. what should i do to put her in the enclosure. i was thinking taking a stick and have her walk onto it and then slide her in to enclosure. also what about feeding how long should i wait till i feed her?

Congrats on your new baby girl. I allow new babies to crawl on my hands and arms when they first arrive to place them in their home. I recommend a nice warm mist to start with and then some feeders in a few hours.

Congrats on your new baby girl. I allow new babies to crawl on my hands and arms when they first arrive to place them in their home. I recommend a nice warm mist to start with and then some feeders in a few hours.
so like warm up enclosure day of and then once she arrives turn on my auto mister?

Yup, get them to room temp and get them a good drink. A few hours later and maybe some basking, you can attempt like a cup or tong feed, or just wait till the next day.

Ive had a few 'pet plants" for a few days before they would come out.
Ive had a few "holly crap its a dixie cup, i know whats in that!" and cup fed a few hours after unpacking.

Yup, get them to room temp and get them a good drink. A few hours later and maybe some basking, you can attempt like a cup or tong feed, or just wait till the next day.

Ive had a few 'pet plants" for a few days before they would come out.
Ive had a few "holly crap its a dixie cup, i know whats in that!" and cup fed a few hours after unpacking.
haha nice and thank you

Yea babies really dont even need a basking area. Just keep a large section of the cage 80-85f. You might need a basking light( just a good old round incandescent, not a flood) if air temps are only 65 in the house.

ok so ill just take my light and prop it higher than usual to keep the area she will be able to climb from being too warm :) thanks for the help yall

Back
Top Bottom