What to do in the emergency of a power outage??!!??

Eeyore

I am asking this question because I live in the north east, and right now we are in the middle of quite the ice storm. We do have a generator, so i know that my little piggies will be ok, but what should you do in the event you don't have that generator??

i also live in upstate, above albany we also have a generator but its only big enough to run so much...so we have heat the herps have heat...the fridge is out of luck lol:D

i also live in upstate, above albany we also have a generator but its only big enough to run so much...so we have heat the herps have heat...the fridge is out of luck lol:D

lol..I don't think that my dad would go that... but luckily it's only two tanks i'm heating:D what herps do you have?

yeah ive got two that are deffinately gravid and one that just dropped though i cant tell where she laid them lol

I understand your problem, it is -2 going down to -14 today. In addition to my generator, I keep several of the styrofoam boxes they ship fish in. Mine are set up with dividers and have 30 hour heat packs ready. I have sufficient heat packs to keep my kids warm for at least 1 week. The areas are fairly small but at least they would be warm.

• wood burning fireplace heats the house somewhat
  • windows for ambient light
  • if needs be, move chameleons to smaller housing/boxes, use hot water bottles (your hot water tank, if you have one, will stay hot a long while - otherwise boil water on the bbq) or heat packs (as used in shipping)
  • if I lived somewhere it gets really cold, I'd have a generator
  • other options: solar panels, wind generator, electric generating bike, taking chameleons to a vet that has a generator and will board, etc.

Back
Top Bottom