what timers to buy

jackthejellydragon

Avid Member
I have been looking for some completely silent timers, to hook up three lights that will go on and off at different times. When I leave I have to set up the timers the day we leave because They are loud and keep me up at night so I do not always know if they will work and have had to send people over to my house to get them working. Any recommendations would be helpful, thank you for the help.

I have been using Wyze plugs, light bulbs, and cameras for a couple of years now and really like them as well. Never used the govee plugs but there other products are good so that is a good possibility as has already been mentioned.

I have Been thinking about something that hooks up to a phone I am 12 and do not have a phone buy I can borrow my moms if needed. I have been using a wyze cam for a few month and love it highly recommend for your cham cages.

I use cheapies ($5/$6) from the home improvement stores. They make a little noise, but nothing noticeable unless I'm right on top of them.

We used to have a louder one. We just put a corrugated box over it—end of problem. ;)
Repurposed Styrofoam would be another option.

I have Been thinking about something that hooks up to a phone I am 12 and do not have a phone buy I can borrow my moms if needed. I have been using a wyze cam for a few month and love it highly recommend for your cham cages.
Mine that I posted hook up to an app on the phone. So they may not work for you. I got these because they work with the same govee app that I have for my temp/humidity gauges. I really love them. I can set the timer function. But like I said these ones run off your wifi and are controlled via the app. Here are some screen shots.

IMG_6249.PNG IMG_6251.PNG

And this shows the govee temp/humidity gauge I have in at basking.

IMG_6250.PNG

For smart plugs, you do need wifi and smart phone. Use Mom's phone to set the configs for each plugin initially and that's it (until you want to change the times around). Set it and forget it.

So it is time for me to replace my uvb and I am switching to Arcadia so I went on the Pangea reptiles website and saw a premed gut load that you can feed dry or turn in to paste. Is that any good or is that just another garbage flukers ''gut load''.

I would go with Govee. These guys are growing and have realized their market. I have seen them sponsoring other reptile you tube channels. I have used their product for at least 2 years now, and I have like12 of them. The mage smart plug timers and all. The are quality and last in our reptile enclosures. Using one brand is just easier, plus the new govee are WIFi they are listening to the reptile community so I hope to see some more specific designed product.

Over all cheap and reliable with many models to choose from. Has been used buy many keepers now and is well liked as a product.

I would go with Govee. These guys are growing and have realized their market. I have seen them sponsoring other reptile you tube channels. I have used their product for at least 2 years now, and I have like12 of them. The mage smart plug timers and all. The are quality and last in our reptile enclosures. Using one brand is just easier, plus the new govee are WIFi they are listening to the reptile community so I hope to see some more specific designed product.

Over all cheap and reliable with many models to choose from. Has been used buy many keepers now and is well liked as a product.
agreed I really love them as well.

So I have a reptisun t5 ho hood but my bulb needs replacing and I am going to switch to Arcadia so can I just get an Arcadia bulb and hook it up to the reptisun hood or do I need all Arcadia.

So I have a reptisun t5 ho hood but my bulb needs replacing and I am going to switch to Arcadia so can I just get an Arcadia bulb and hook it up to the reptisun hood or do I need all Arcadia.
You would get the same bulb length that you have now except in the 6% if you have a 5.0 in a single bulb fixture. The bulbs are universal to any T5HO fixture.

Mine that I posted hook up to an app on the phone. So they may not work for you. I got these because they work with the same govee app that I have for my temp/humidity gauges. I really love them. I can set the timer function. But like I said these ones run off your wifi and are controlled via the app. Here are some screen shots.

View attachment 303116 View attachment 303114

And this shows the govee temp/humidity gauge I have in at basking.

View attachment 303115
Is your cham bothered by the Govee gauges? Mine keeps ripping them off and attacking them? I'm assuming its the reflection in the monitor.

Is your cham bothered by the Govee gauges? Mine keeps ripping them off and attacking them? I'm assuming its the reflection in the monitor.
I posted in your thread too. I have used these with three different chameleons. None were bothered by them. They do not emit any light either. They are small and the hole in the corner of them is wonderful because you can zip tie them to your branches. I run two in an enclosure one on the basking level and one farther down. They handle humidity but a direct spray from a mister can kill them. So outside of direct spray path is better. These are the exact ones I use https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermo...=1623166327&sprefix=govee+temp,aps,212&sr=8-9

I posted in your thread too. I have used these with three different chameleons. None were bothered by them. They do not emit any light either. They are small and the hole in the corner of them is wonderful because you can zip tie them to your branches. I run two in an enclosure one on the basking level and one farther down. They handle humidity but a direct spray from a mister can kill them. So outside of direct spray path is better. These are the exact ones I use https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Bluetooth-Temperature/dp/B07R586J37/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3MVZXCDQU9GOE&dchild=1&keywords=govee+temperature+humidity+monitor&qid=1623166327&sprefix=govee+temp,aps,212&sr=8-9
I think I'll get one for my cigar humidor si I can gauge humidity 🚬

Back
Top Bottom