What the HECk is this? Is it safe?

tigress4529

found a bug...a BIG HAIRY CHEWBACCA BUG/ CATERPILLAR....anyone have a guess on what it is? poisonous? Will it turn into a moth...im asking because i wanna know if my Panther, Simon, can eat the potentially yummy thing
bug2.jpg

bug.jpg

i cant get a good pic cause i aint gonna touch the darn thing...heebee geebeez
if anyone has any knowledge...feed it to me! :)
hes about the size of the tip of my pointer finger...bout an inch long
found it on a tree outside

Can't tell what kind it is but on some species of caterpillars the hairs are an irriatant...A defense from birds and other predators.

i agree with eriksorg its definitely a caterpillar of some kind just to be safe i wouldnt feed it off.

lol on Mothra...think i could wait til its "mothy" or just throw the ugly little thing outside n let it live another day...ew that thing is nasty! bleh

lol on Mothra...think i could wait til its "mothy" or just throw the ugly little thing outside n let it live another day...ew that thing is nasty! bleh

lol common its not all tha bad, it looks fuzzy! id keep it to see what it turns into!

Put it back on the plant you found it on. It will probably die if it doesn't have host plant unless it is very close to pupating.

It might need to overwinter in your fridge before it emerges. It will need to be kept humid during this time.

im in houston tx...VERY HUMID...barely need to mist me cham...but i do mist 2-4 times daily even though its not necessary
yeah the worm thingy is completely cocooned in...its cool though because hes in a glass vase so i can still see "it"
hopefully ill be able to watch him change into whatever hes going to change into

Back
Top Bottom