What THE F is in her poop..

My veiled is 5 yrs old and I do believe she is dying/will pass soon. She currently has a respiratory infection in which her throat is so swollen and irritated its nearly closed up and she gapes her mouth open every day and night I think she is struggling to breathe. She has not eaten in over 5 days and severely dehydrated and is on critical care formula daily from her vet to make sure she has food and water in her belly.. This morning I gave her her formula and Baytril (8am) and about 1pm she threw it up, swallowed it back, and nearly died I swear. 15/20 mins later she poops and what in the world is that in there. Im assuming its so watery due to her medicines but there is a squishy yellow .. Thing? Is it possible for them to .. shit out an organ .. ??

Attachments

• IMG_3418.jpg
    IMG_3418.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3416.jpg
    IMG_3416.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 66672086759__F7964EDF-88E3-433F-A420-1B475C0959E3.jpeg
    66672086759__F7964EDF-88E3-433F-A420-1B475C0959E3.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 114
Poor thing. That is a ton of mucous. Orange portion looks like urate... Orange indicates dehydration.

Poor thing. That is a ton of mucous. Orange portion looks like urate... Orange indicates dehydration.
Oh its just the urate?? Its just huge.. She just about died in my hands before I made this post so I guess I was expecting something terrible

What does the mucous mean in there? I just want to make her last moments/days as comfortable as possible and although I can't afford it if my mom is willing to pay , I am considering euthanasia. Its so hard to see her like this

Oh its just the urate?? Its just huge.. She just about died in my hands before I made this post so I guess I was expecting something terrible
The meds can make their bowels slow down. This can cause them to hold urates longer as well so they become orange and crystal like.

What does the mucous mean in there? I just want to make her last moments/days as comfortable as possible and although I can't afford it if my mom is willing to pay , I am considering euthanasia. Its so hard to see her like this
There is a lot to be said for humane euthanasia. I personally am a believer in it. 5 years is old for a female... If she is struggling with an RI this is like drowning for them. It makes it painful and hard just to breathe. How long has she been on the meds?

Hi. Sorry for your girl not doing well. With her throat being so swollen, are you making sure she isn’t aspirating the critical care and Baytril?
I think. I don't know how to be certain but the routine is putting little by little on her tongue and in between she grabs my hand to elevate the top half of her body to help it go down/help her not choke. This morning she did take all of her Baytril and critical care formula like a champ (meant to be taken daily) but now that she threw up and is having a very hard time breathing later in the day I feel so bad.
In the past week since we saw the vet she has either had no medicine or very little. Im so scared to kill her by choking

There is a lot to be said for humane euthanasia. I personally am a believer in it. 5 years is old for a female... If she is struggling with an RI this is like drowning for them. It makes it painful and hard just to breathe. How long has she been on the meds?
I just don't think its fair for her to keep suffering this way. I don't have any experience having pets euthanized but she is struggling everyday.
She started the meds Feb 11th but she has barely really had any since then because she chokes too easy

hun take a read through this... http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2014/05/how-to-give-different-medicines.html
So their airway is in the front of the mouth which means you have to aim to the back of the mouth. I feel for you. It is not easy when they have major health issues and age is a factor.
Medicine has def gotten in her airway no idea how much.
Before feb 11 when she got these meds she was on something else for liver health and I would shoot it into the back of her throat but she'd struggle. I thought shooting it back there was making it more difficult for her. Wow I don't know what to say

I just don't think its fair for her to keep suffering this way. I don't have any experience having pets euthanized but she is struggling everyday.
She started the meds Feb 11th but she has barely really had any since then because she chokes too easy
You know her best... You are the one with her and can tell if she is getting better or continuing to decline. Euthanasia is very quick and painless with the exception of the needle. You do not need to be there with her when they do it. I wouldn't if I were you. I think you should talk with your mom and see if that is an option. At least that way you know.

Medicine has def gotten in her airway no idea how much.
Before feb 11 when she got these meds she was on something else for liver health and I would shoot it into the back of her throat but she'd struggle. I thought shooting it back there was making it more difficult for her. Wow I don't know what to say
Don't beat yourself up. It is such an extremely common error with these guys. The vet should have told you how to properly give her meds and the critical care.

My veiled is 5 yrs old and I do believe she is dying/will pass soon. She currently has a respiratory infection in which her throat is so swollen and irritated its nearly closed up and she gapes her mouth open every day and night I think she is struggling to breathe. She has not eaten in over 5 days and severely dehydrated and is on critical care formula daily from her vet to make sure she has food and water in her belly.. This morning I gave her her formula and Baytril (8am) and about 1pm she threw it up, swallowed it back, and nearly died I swear. 15/20 mins later she poops and what in the world is that in there. Im assuming its so watery due to her medicines but there is a squishy yellow .. Thing? Is it possible for them to .. shit out an organ .. ??
Uh oh, yellow or orange poop isnt the best signs.

Back
Top Bottom