WHAT THE 😵

pascal2023

Avid Member
So casually cleaning pascals enclosure she’s still currently in so I put her in her miniature tree that’s waiting to go into her bigger enclosure … out of no where she literally throws her self off her tree and when I tell you she ran … she ran for her life and turned almost black. No clue what spooked her and she sits and walks on that same tree every week when I clean her enclosure … my heart dropped when she hit the floor but she seems fine, she’s eating and walking fine… I just wanna know why she did that 😵 safe to say I was in tears soon as she hit the floor! Completely unexpected !

They can spook pretty easily when they are younger... Turning black is a normal freaked out color for them. Could be something outside a window, or a reflection, something new in the room, you moving too quickly, wearing a color she does not like, etc.

If she landed on carpet she should be fine.

They can spook pretty easily when they are younger... Turning black is a normal freaked out color for them. Could be something outside a window, or a reflection, something new in the room, you moving too quickly, wearing a color she does not like, etc.

If she landed on carpet she should be fine.
Bless her, I feel so bad for her! I’ve literally never seen her run so fast! Never seen a chameleon do that before 😅 and it’s strange because I’m always aware of how quick I move and my movements in general when I have her out the cage and it’s just weird because my blinds were down yeah maybe I’ll put it down to the colour of my coat hanging near her cage 🥲 apparently yellow isn’t her colour and I have vinyl wood flooring in her room, I’d say she jumped about 50/60cm 😰 but as I said she walked fine and is still walking fine, I’ve never seen a chameleon bruised before I imagine it would be black/ purple like ours if we bruise? If she were to bruise how quick would it show up ? 🥺

Bless her, I feel so bad for her! I’ve literally never seen her run so fast! Never seen a chameleon do that before 😅 and it’s strange because I’m always aware of how quick I move and my movements in general when I have her out the cage and it’s just weird because my blinds were down yeah maybe I’ll put it down to the colour of my coat hanging near her cage 🥲 apparently yellow isn’t her colour and I have vinyl wood flooring in her room, I’d say she jumped about 50/60cm 😰 but as I said she walked fine and is still walking fine, I’ve never seen a chameleon bruised before I imagine it would be black/ purple like ours if we bruise? If she were to bruise how quick would it show up ? 🥺
Typically they show up in the first 48 hours and they have a black coloring. It happens... Maybe put a cushy rug under her cleaning tree so if she jumps again she has something to soften the fall.

Typically they show up in the first 48 hours and they have a black coloring. It happens... Maybe put a cushy rug under her cleaning tree so if she jumps again she has something to soften the fall.
I feel absolutely terrible beman but yeah going to order a nice rug for her room lol 😩

If she bruises will it take a while to disappear ? And would I know if she broke something ? I know she landed tummy down and ran off but I just wanted to get her in her cage and leave her asap ❤️
It can take a few weeks if it is a deep bruise. You would know if something was broken and causing an issue. She would have issues and you could see it in the way she is walking.

Back
Top Bottom