What stain should I use for Chameleon cage

srpurvis

I am in the process of building a Chameleon cage and i am trying to find non toxic stain i have found some but its spendy plus 40 dallars shipping what can i use that i can buy at lowes or home depot after i stain should i put another coat of sealant I need help i dont know what to use please help

Any sort of outdoor woodstain should be suitable. Normally the outdoor decking/flooring ones are a little better as they deal with more use (aka people walking on them) than the other wood stains. A couple of coats and you'll be golden. You may want to seal the joints between pieces of wood with an aquarium sealant (any bathroom silicone one will do) to make sure you don't get rot inside your wood where your stain has had no effect!

Stain?? Too messy and too many coats. :)

I use Rust-Oleum latex-based paints on all my reptile enclosures. Repels water quite well, looks really nice, and only takes 1-2 coats...plus primer depending on the shade used. Cures really fast as well. :)

I just use the typical wood stains then seal with spar urithane for water proofing.

You need to let it sit long time after and rinse it till there are no more fumes though.

Back
Top Bottom