What should feed and how much of it

QuinnieLeeBlu

Avid Member
What should i feed my panther chameleon and how much should i feed he is 5 months old. i’m getting him soon and kinda stressed!

At that age you can feed makes as much as they can eat in a couple of minutes at each feeding as long as they are not getting fat. In another month or so you will want to start feeding every second day.

Feed him roaches, crickets, locusts, etc that are a good size to fit into his mouth. You can feed him BSFL and small silkworms and hornworms. You can feed him superworms, waxworms for treats once in a while.

Attaching the feeder and gutload graphics for you. Make sure to feed your feeders well so that they offer more nutrition. If you haven’t yet checked our chameleon academy, here ya go. https://chameleonacademy.com/panther-chameleon-care/
01B075D5-B5C3-4511-BE0B-78798E2DE40B.jpeg
16AE3444-CFD6-4A85-AE6B-75B6C7F0409D.jpeg

At that age you can feed makes as much as they can eat in a couple of minutes at each feeding as long as they are not getting fat. In another month or so you will want to start feeding every second day.

Feed him roaches, crickets, locusts, etc that are a good size to fit into his mouth. You can feed him BSFL and small silkworms and hornworms. You can feed him superworms, waxworms for treats once in a while.
Hi! so i have a male veiled chameleon I'm not sure on his exact age but I think he is about a year old and ive been researching a lot the past couple of days because I just learned he needs more in his diet so I was wondering if this diet for him sounds ok?

7 crickets every other day
1 horn worm every 2 days
4 silk worms a day
2 super worms a day
5 Dubai's roaches every other day but skip the weekend

Hi! so i have a male veiled chameleon I'm not sure on his exact age but I think he is about a year old and ive been researching a lot the past couple of days because I just learned he needs more in his diet so I was wondering if this diet for him sounds ok?

1 horn worm every 2 days
4 silk worms a day
2 super worms a day
Adults should only have a few food items or they can develop obesity. They usually eat a few items every other day or every two days here’s a link to help you out. https://chameleonacademy.com/basics-feeding-chameleons/

1 horn worm every 2 days
4 silk worms a day
2 super worms a day
Where d you get your silkworms? I can never find any or they are always out of stock!?

I mail order dubia roaches! Super clean and very hardy insects -- highly recommend. Crickets in my opinion are annoying because they die so quickly and they are harder to control.
Try other roaches, too (along with other types of feeders)! My chams loved red runners! @jamest0o0 has a huge collection of feeders available!

1 horn worm every 2 days
4 silk worms a day
2 super worms a day
That is too much food. Have you checked out The Chameleon Academy? Here is their veiled info (which is the most accurate and up-to-date!):
https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
Also, starting your own thread would be great and get more responses, as well.

so what do you feed your cham in a day im just trying some new things and trying to find the perfect diet for my cham.
Both my chams passed away last year, but I fed them waxworm moths, silkworm moths, painted lady butterflies, the rare cricket, BSFL and BSF, blue bottle flies, the occasional butterworm, hornworms, silkworms, the occasional superworm, a rare waxworm, red runner roaches, dubia roaches, orange-headed roaches, ivory-headed roaches, the occasional green banana roach, and more. The more variety, the better! I also have captive-bred grasshoppers for my new cham. I’ll also be getting stick insects, mantids, and more roach varieties, and them some, as well

Both my chams passed away last year, but I fed them waxworm moths, silkworm moths, painted lady butterflies, the rare cricket, BSFL and BSF, blue bottle flies, the occasional butterworm, hornworms, silkworms, the occasional superworm, a rare waxworm, red runner roaches, dubia roaches, orange-headed roaches, ivory-headed roaches, the occasional green banana roach, and more. The more variety, the better! I also have captive-bred grasshoppers for my new cham. I’ll also be getting stick insects, mantids, and more roach varieties, and them some, as well
aw im sorry to hear that and thank you for the input.

That is too much food. Have you checked out The Chameleon Academy? Here is their veiled info (which is the most accurate and up-to-date!):
https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/
Also, starting your own thread would be great and get more responses, as well.
does this sound ok?
5 crickets every other day
1 horn worm every 2 days
4 Dubai's roaches every other day but skip the weekend
and then i will switch some of those out with silk worms and other insects a couple times a month

Back
Top Bottom