What Next ?

JoeG

First Timer here. My Ambilobes just mated. How long should I keep them together before separating ? Also , what can I do to help her stay healthy while gravid or where I can get any info on what to expect & how to prepare over the next several weeks ? thanks, Joe

Well, I kept mine together for almost a week and the female still wasn't refusing him. I finally pulled him out and she became gravid about a week later. So, when she rejects him I suppose.

You will want to make sure she receives extra calcium and to gutload very well so that she has all the nutrients and vitamins she needs to keep her eggs and herself strong.

I don't know much about breeding as I haven't done it. But I do know if you are starting and don't even know when to separate them you need to do a lot of research on this forum, yesterday.

The search feature at the top is your friend :)

Well, I kept mine together for almost a week and the female still wasn't refusing him. I finally pulled him out and she became gravid about a week later. So, when she rejects him I suppose.

You will want to make sure she receives extra calcium and to gutload very well so that she has all the nutrients and vitamins she needs to keep her eggs and herself strong.

Did you keep them together day & night & feed them together too or let them sleep in their own cages ?

They stayed in the females cage the whole time. They ate together, slept together, took turns basking, etc. Of course he was putting his moves on her too :) They didn't really have any issues being together, though if they did I would have separated them. My male is very gentle and cautious. He didn't even leave scratch marks on his lady!

Back
Top Bottom