What light fixture for uva light?

sarie

I recently purchased a:
  • Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 HO T5 UVB Lamp, 24 W, 22" L
I was wondering what light fixture could be used for my xl reptibreeze chameleon cage. I heard that some people use the:

Sunblaster 904296 NanoTech T5 High Output Fixture Reflector Combo, 2-Feet (lmao sorry for the weird fonts i’m copying and pasting the names)​

but i’m unsure if this works/is safe for a panther chameleon :) thank you

Im confused. first, that zoo med puts out too much UVB for a reptibreeze XL. You should get the 5.0 or the arcadia 6% (same thing)

The sunblaster is a nice choice for a hood, many of us use it. Or you could buy the zoomed reptisun 5.0 hood, that comes with the bulb, its like $80-90.

Finally for I think you meant the title to be UVB. If not, well the UVB bulbs put out the correct amount of UVA too :)

yes i meant uvb haha. thank you! also, i read on chameleonschool.com that,

“If you have a more densely planted cage and you want to make sure your chameleon gets a good dose of UVB then go for a 10.0.

To make it a bit simpler go for a 5.0 UVB bulb if you have a Jackson’s chameleon and a 10.0 UVB bulb if you have a veiled chameleon or panther chameleon.”

I think i’ll just use a 5.0 since i’m getting a baby panther chameleon. my enclosure will also be very heavily and densely packed with vines, leaves, live plants, and lots of foliage for my cham to hide. do you think it’s okay to use 10.0 with all the greenery or is that not good since my uvb is high output?

yes i meant uvb haha. thank you! also, i read on chameleonschool.com that,

“If you have a more densely planted cage and you want to make sure your chameleon gets a good dose of UVB then go for a 10.0.

To make it a bit simpler go for a 5.0 UVB bulb if you have a Jackson’s chameleon and a 10.0 UVB bulb if you have a veiled chameleon or panther chameleon.”

I think i’ll just use a 5.0 since i’m getting a baby panther chameleon. my enclosure will also be very heavily and densely packed with vines, leaves, live plants, and lots of foliage for my cham to hide. do you think it’s okay to use 10.0 with all the greenery or is that not good since my uvb is high output?

We generally do not recommend a 10.0/12% without a meter.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...b-percentages-in-relation-to-fixtures.175332/

https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-cage-set-up-replicating-the-sun/

Here is the infographic on the reptibreeze XL

UVB-2x2x4-UVB-Guide-1024x920.jpg

Stick with the 5.0/6%. Your cham will climb to the top to bask anyway, and most likely climb on the ceiling until s/he gets a bit bigger.

I was wondering what light fixture could be used for my xl reptibreeze chameleon cage.
As it happens, all of those T5 HO fixtures come from the same mfr./factory.
They're all made by Shenzen Sunlight Lighting Co. (OEM) and all are virtually identical.

1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others
so shop for price. ;)

Should the UVB light sit directly on top of the cage?
Assuming you have a adult Cham then yes but also without a solar meter to be safe have a minimum of 6 inches from the top of your chams dorsal spines and T5 HO zoomed 5% or Arcadia 6%

Assuming you have a adult Cham then yes but also without a solar meter to be safe have a minimum of 6 inches from the top of your chams dorsal spines and T5 HO zoomed 5% or Arcadia 6%
What if it was as baby I’m assuming you wouldn’t sit it directly on the cage? What would you use to prop it up?

Back
Top Bottom