What Is Your Favorite Glass Cage?

CamrynTheCham22

Avid Member
I am looking to invest in a glass cage since they hold humidity better, provide a better view of the chameleon, and the bugs don't get out as easily (hopefully). For those chameleon keepers who have glass enclosures, what kind do you prefer for a veiled or panther chameleon?

Thanks for that suggestion. I have been looking at a few but I didn't know which ones were the best. I even considered making my own. I hadn't even considered a Dragonstrand! I totally forgot about them. I have seen so many of their products, and they are such good quality. I think if I ever do purchase a glass cage, it will be from Dragonstrand. Thank you again!

Sure. They're like a pvc material, not glass. But very nice and see-through. My favorite enclosures outside of building one myself which I plan to do with my Parsons. The dragonstrand Clearside atrium is amazing for a display.

Exactly, that is why I am drawn to the glass enclosure, because they look very put-together and it puts the chameleon on a beautiful display. With the screen, it is hard to take a decent picture without opening up the cage. Plus, I live in a very dry area and I need to keep all the humidity I can in the cage. The dropcloth that I have wrapped around a couple sides of the cage is just not doing enough.

I gotta say I'm slightly jealous! I would really love a glass cage (and this was originally my plan) but I live in South florida where the humidity is insanely high :(

How are you thinking about making sure that you have proper air circulation within the cage? I know they're technically built in a way that aids in air circulation but someone at the reptile store said he puts a little computer fan on top of the cage (if it has a mesh top of course) pointing outwards to help the air flow better.

Last edited:
As long as the room has good circulation I don't worry about it too much. I do have little computer fans that I turn on sometimes for my dragonstrand to help air exchange. Having them turn on for a few minutes every hour would be beneficial.

Yeah, the room has A/C going some of the time so the air doesn't just sit around. The cage is on the opposite side of the room to the A/C so obviously no cold air actually gets to the cage. I keep the cage open when I am in the room so my cham can come out and explore, so I think that would also contribute to the flow of air through the cage.
@jamest0o0 do you ever experience feeders escaping from the actual glass enclosure/s?

I don't have any glass enclosures, but if you mean the clearside dragonstrand no I don't. There's no way for anything to get out. I even leave the enclosure doors open a lot of the time.

I don't have any glass enclosures, but if you mean the clearside dragonstrand no I don't. There's no way for anything to get out. I even leave the enclosure doors open a lot of the time.
Oh okay, that is good. I have a screen Reptibreeze (the kind you have to put together with cheap screws and plastic) and it is just not working at all. I was naive when I first got my cham and thought that glass cages were a ripoff, but I seriously need a glass cage now. The insects always escape the screen because all there is is a little plastic panel at the bottom that is too small to actually fit the length and width of the cage base. The roaches keep finding a way out, and it is getting annoying. I set a little trap using duct tape, but again this just makes the whole setup look cheaper and less secure. There is definitely a glass cage in my cham's future. What do you use for drainage?

I feel your pain with that. I have a few reptibreezes. I have them sitting on flower pots for substrate. Didn't realize there was an opening and several roaches got out. Wife found one in the bathroom and our cat brought a dead one and dropped it on her lap lol...

Yeah, the other people in my house don'y exactly enjoy finding roaches on the kitchen floor . . . Even my pup is wary of the little buggers. I mean, I have no problem with roaches when they are in their bin or the cage, but any farther than that and I panic :wideyed: Wow, a glass enclosure without the bugs escaping? Sounds likes its too good to be true . . . lol ;)

Back
Top Bottom