What is this?

erik775

Established Member
chameleons penis seems to be hanging out...it's been like this for about 3 or 4 days...I was hoping it went back in but it hasn't...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_9851.JPG
    IMG_9851.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 189
You need to go to the vet immediately I don't know that's a prolapsed or what definitely looks like an infection on hisvent.

You need to see a vet ASAP, especially if it's been like that for a few days.
Yes I have an appointment with dr.greek tomorrow at 10:30am I just sprayed it with a spray bottle to rinse it off and put some lubricant on it...I will put more lubricant on it again later...when I saw it like that the other day I thought it would just go back in. But today I noticed it was still out and I had

Yes I have an appointment with dr.greek tomorrow at 10:30am I just sprayed it with a spray bottle to rinse it off and put some lubricant on it...I will put more lubricant on it again later...when I saw it like that the other day I thought it would just go back in. But today I noticed it was still out and I had
I hope he's alright. I really never seen that before on my chameleons. I had an iguana that that happened to when I was really young. Good luck

Me too buddy. I've never seen anything like that before really . I've been trying to look it up to and can't find anything on that or looks like that. Wish I could help

Just got back from dr.greek and my chams intestines were hanging out so he did a prolapse repair and put two stitches which I have to go back and have them removed in 5 day. He said the cause might be cause my Cham want getting enough water or a really large stool...looks like I have to mist longer. He gave me antibiotics and I can't feed my cham till he gets the stitches out .

Water, water, water. I would immediately buy a fogger, put some towels around 3 sides of the cage and turn that baby onhigh leveled straight across the top of his cage so all the steam dropped down all the way across. A dripper, maybe, too. He needs more than a little water to do that to himself. Hurry. Good luck, Hon.

Water, water, water. I would immediately buy a fogger, put some towels around 3 sides of the cage and turn that baby onhigh leveled straight across the top of his cage so all the steam dropped down all the way across. A dripper, maybe, too. He needs more than a little water to do that to himself. Hurry. Good luck, Hon.
Will do...I'm going to also clean out his cage cause since he got stitches back there gonna have to have it clean!

Just got back from dr.greek and my chams intestines were hanging out so he did a prolapse repair and put two stitches which I have to go back and have them removed in 5 day. He said the cause might be cause my Cham want getting enough water or a really large stool...looks like I have to mist longer. He gave me antibiotics and I can't feed my cham till he gets the stitches out .
Good to hear that's what I thought it was. But I am not a veterinarian. I hope everything goes well for you. Dr. Greek is supposed to be one of the best veterinarians I believe(y) I read a lot of articles about him

Good to hear that's what I thought it was. But I am not a veterinarian. I hope everything goes well for you. Dr. Greek is supposed to be one of the best veterinarians I believe(y) I read a lot of articles about him
Keep us posted

Honey works as a great antinflammatory and antibacterial agent. Just apply it to his vent and let it sit

Back
Top Bottom