What is this?

She's not happy with something! Normal behaviour. Do you know what she is grumpy about?:)

Not really sure I do have three crickets in there now and they won't stop chirping and I just misted too so she may not like being misted lol... I know I'm asking a lot of questions the last few days but I am new to chameleon keeping and I find this site super helpful and I'm addicted... Camimom I wasn't bothering her I walked in the room and she was doing that so I decided to snap a picture and share with y'all and see what it was... Thanks for all of your help

She saw you.
they have really good eyesight.

in general, that puffed chin means they are pissed.

Ok thanks... Is cage size a possibility? I am in the process of building a larger cage should be done next week... Right now she's in like a 15-20 gallon vivarium with screen top... Do you think she may just want more room... Here's a photo of the tank...

Yea that will do it.
That is not a cham cage, that is a fish tank.

she needs out of it, ASAP.

she needs a screen cage, that is at least 3 feet tall, though taller is always better.

What bulbs are you using?

What supplemetns are you using?

You need to have no substrate n the floor.

SHe is at least 6-7 months old, so she needs a lay bin in her cage.

you need to read the care sheet that is posted on this site for veileds.

She could do with more room but what she is in will be ok for a couple of weeks. I would loose the substrate as it could lead to mould problems and she could eat it when catching prey. Those dial type thermometers are not very accurate. You could do with lots more foliage in there for her to hide in. Like your dripper.:)

I don't think Camimom's link worked and I can't link on my tablet but go up to thw top of the page and click on "Resources." It is an amazing section, where you can find the veiled-specific care sheet and then pages on each different area of care.

How soon can you get the other cage ready? That's way too small for her.

Edit - the link is in my signature too, I forgot. The second link is the forum resource.

I don't think Camimom's link worked and I can't link on my tablet but go up to thw top of the page and click on "Resources." It is an amazing section, where you can find the veiled-specific care sheet and then pages on each different area of care.

How soon can you get the other cage ready?

I didn't get the link pasted. :rolleyes:

Yea that will do it.
That is not a cham cage, that is a fish tank.

she needs out of it, ASAP.

she needs a screen cage, that is at least 3 feet tall, though taller is always better.

What bulbs are you using?

What supplemetns are you using?

You need to have no substrate n the floor.

SHe is at least 6-7 months old, so she needs a lay bin in her cage.

you need to read the care sheet that is posted on this site for veileds.

As I did say I am building a 4 ft tall screen cage... With 2 ft sides...I have a 60 watt UVB and a 60 watt basking... I am using the calcium spray supplement that I put on all of her food and it works the same as the powder... I have read my care sheet and as I did adopt her the only thing I had was this tank I previously had for geckos and I just bought all the stuff for the cage... I have read like five different care sheets and a book... I Disney really know how old she was till yesterday so now I have a laying pot that will be in the new cage.... As I did adopt her I am learning as I go which I know isn't a good thing but she was in a tank at petco with other babies 1/4 her size and I felt bad for her... I know conditions aren't great right now but I will have new cage done soon... I will post new photos of new cage when it's done...

I'm getting boards cut today and hopefully put together tonight I'm happy to get her a real cage... Any suggestions for it?

The calcium spray is not the same as the powder.

its not designed the way that chams need it.

You need to buy the calcium without d3 powder to be used on every feeding (you can buy it from the site sponsors, most stores don't sell it)

Ok I'll make sure to get that when I first got her I bought the one with d3 oops and I had to exchange it for the spray as the stores here didn't have it without d3... How is the powder different just wondering so that I know what to look for... As it may not seem so I do know a lot about chameleons obviously not As much as you all but I am learning... As they are easy to take care of I just have a lack of supplies right now but I will order the worms and the powder and hopefully see a difference... But the spray won't hurt her right now will it?

She's going to need calcium without d3 powder lightly dusted on food every feed.calcium with d3 once every two weeks and a multivitamin every two weeks.keeping chams and learning about their needs is a steep learning curve. You have come to the right place to ask questions. When getting stuff for her new viv check it out here first as pet shops only see money and will sell you anything. It sounds as if you are on the right track. Keep posting and look forward to seeing more pics of new viv and your girl.:)

Ok I'll make sure to get that when I first got her I bought the one with d3 oops and I had to exchange it for the spray as the stores here didn't have it without d3... How is the powder different just wondering so that I know what to look for... As it may not seem so I do know a lot about chameleons obviously not As much as you all but I am learning... As they are easy to take care of I just have a lack of supplies right now but I will order the worms and the powder and hopefully see a difference... But the spray won't hurt her right now will it?

the spray just isn't formulated properly.

I don't think it will hurt her. but I would order the powder.

they aren't hard to care for, just specialized.

its called shes pissed and she wants to be left alone.

:D That's a great answer.. My dude cracks me up when he puffs out his chin like that..

Side note to OP, you said you misted her right before she did that.. Try filling you mist bottle with very warm/slightly hot water... Even when you put hot water in it, when you spray it, it sprays at lukewarm temps.. Of course, always spray yourself first just to make sure... But I do this, and my guy has grown to love it, whereas before he ran from it. In fact, he prefers my hand mist over my mistking, probably because the mist king sits at room temp, which is probably colder than he prefers.

Back
Top Bottom