What is this tiny black dot?

eat2muchrice

Avid Member
Tonight I saw that Petri had a little tiny black dot on his casque, I did not think much of it thinking it was just dirt. After dinner I used a makeup brush to sweep it away but it was stuck. So I grabbed tweezer and started picking at it, the thing was on there good. Pertri was so good that he let me pick and grab at it, it felt like a rock but stuck on him that I was jerking his head around. At first I only broke off a small chunk, it make a sharp click noise and cracked, finally after about 10 minutes of picking I got a good hold and with a sharp jerk peeled it off.

You can see the back spec on his casque, near the middle back of his head.

full

This is after I removed the spot, there is a dark shadow around the area. There was no bleeding or visible damage to his skin, just a dark area remains.

full

Here is a zoomed picture of the spot, my first thought was just dried blood clot or something like that.

full

This is the image that freaks me, I flipped it over and zoomed in more. I think there are legs and it could be shaped like a tick.

full

So can any experts out there help me out and identify this, should I be concerned?

Last edited by a moderator:
trust me if it was a tick, youd know.

those just look like the edges of the scab.

even pin head sized ticks still really look like ticks.

trust me if it was a tick, youd know.

those just look like the edges of the scab.

even pin head sized ticks still really look like ticks.

Yeh you're right, having a dog I know ticks when I see one.

Not really sure but how is the area now after removing the speck? Did it just appear today?

This is what a scab looks like: https://www.chameleonforums.com/black-scab-rangos-back-94910/

After a day everything looks good, no signs of darkness or brusing. The spec/dot just appeared out of no where, I had a picture the night before of that area with no dot.

Thanks everyone for the quick response, I'll keep you all updated if the situation changes.

Back
Top Bottom