What is this? Is it a cut or something else????

This is the UVB light
Arcadia D3 6% UVB T5 Bulb - 22"
Its was originally about 8-9 maybe a tiny bit lower from her top branch, now its higher than that due to the basking spot getting to hot (82-83 degrees F) in the afternoons, although it seems to fluctuate depending on the weather and it still can get that warm when the sun is starting to set.
Ok So UVB has to be 8-9 inches away. If the basking itself is getting too warm then you want to adjust the basking fixture or get a thermostat that will hook up to it to control temp. The UVB itself is not increasing your cage temps that much. it would be the basking. This is the thing about this type of cage. Controlling temps you have to find the sweet spot. I use a thermostat on my basking fixture. Then I have 3 T5's running. They still only make basking about 79-80 at 8-9 inches down. So you have to get the basking fixture dialed in more. Reduce bulb wattage or raise up the fixture more or get a thermostat for it.

Ok So UVB has to be 8-9 inches away. If the basking itself is getting too warm then you want to adjust the basking fixture or get a thermostat that will hook up to it to control temp. The UVB itself is not increasing your cage temps that much. it would be the basking. This is the thing about this type of cage. Controlling temps you have to find the sweet spot. I use a thermostat on my basking fixture. Then I have 3 T5's running. They still only make basking about 79-80 at 8-9 inches down. So you have to get the basking fixture dialed in more. Reduce bulb wattage or raise up the fixture more or get a thermostat for it.
ok! Ill raise the basking light when I get home and see if it helps and Ill put the UVB back into its original spot.

She is still quite small and recovering I do not know that I would cut back her food yet because of it.

How much are you feeding now and how often?

I would add in some more branches for her. Just because her mobility is going to be impacted due to her MBD.

I would like to just double check the UVB. Which T5 bulb strength do you have and what is the distance from the bottom of the fixture to the branches right below the fixture?

Here is my blog on trust building. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/
You might not need to sit when doing this. Especially if you are shorter like I am. As long as your below her she will feel safe. I did all my trust building through hand feeding. I also used the same green colored cup to pour in their feeders. They learned that when they saw the cup I was adding food and would always come to the front for me.
oh forgot to answer about feeding. She get about 4 dubia roaches and 7-10 ish crickets every morning. She usually eats about 5 ish crickets, (some of them hop out of the holder) and by the time the next day there is usually one to none roaches left and no more crickets.

oh forgot to answer about feeding. She get about 4 dubia roaches and 7-10 ish crickets every morning. She usually eats about 5 ish crickets, (some of them hop out of the holder) and by the time the next day there is usually one to none roaches left and no more crickets.
@kinyonga thoughts on reducing her feeding amounts? With her recovering from MBD I would think waiting another month but this is not my area of expertise.

She's definitely old enough that you can start to cut her back a bit. Feed her every second day to begin with...same amount as you give her now in one day...then cut it back more in about 4 weeks by decreasing the amount you feed her each day. By the time she gets her receptive coloration, you will want to be feeding her 4 or 5 crickets (or equal amount of other insects) every two or three times a week.

She's definitely old enough that you can start to cut her back a bit. Feed her every second day to begin with...same amount as you give her now in one day...then cut it back more in about 4 weeks by decreasing the amount you feed her each day. By the time she gets her receptive coloration, you will want to be feeding her 4 or 5 crickets (or equal amount of other insects) every two or three times a week.
Ok! So this mean I only feed her every other day now? So should I start that tomorrow?

You could....or you could feed her less tomorrow then normal on the next day so you cut it down a little slower.
Also what's her basking temperature?
Her basking temps fluctuate between 75 and 82 depending on the time of day and how hot it is outside. I’m going to raze her basking light, but am currently trying to figure out a way to do that

She is still quite small and recovering I do not know that I would cut back her food yet because of it.

How much are you feeding now and how often?

I would add in some more branches for her. Just because her mobility is going to be impacted due to her MBD.

I would like to just double check the UVB. Which T5 bulb strength do you have and what is the distance from the bottom of the fixture to the branches right below the fixture?

Here is my blog on trust building. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/
You might not need to sit when doing this. Especially if you are shorter like I am. As long as your below her she will feel safe. I did all my trust building through hand feeding. I also used the same green colored cup to pour in their feeders. They learned that when they saw the cup I was adding food and would always come to the front for me.
Here’s a little video that I got today of the feeding :)

Can you share a current picture of the leg? It is so important that it does not turn into an infection. Bacteria and fungal issues heal quick with the right meds.
Sometimes we can see healing better since we do look at it all time.
Great video!

I agree with @redhorse ... An updated pic would be good to ensure there is no sign of infection. Personally I am not sure that it was a bruise or totally a bruise just because of the way the discoloration pattern looked.

1D8F92D0-135A-41B5-8AB8-6074B8BAE5EC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom