What is this growth thing on female Dubia?

dimil

Found this last night while feeding my colony.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 191
That could be a sign the females are not in great health. They drop the egg sacks when stressed. Are they warm enough? Have access to food and moisture? Plenty of ventilation in their bucket? Dry conditions?

I found dubia to be very hardy, so it's tough to screw it up for them. Just a thought to double check conditions.

Congrats!

In about a month she will have her babies - this is a totally normal part of how they reproduce. She will take the egg sack back into her body after a day or so (gross haha but w/e) and give live birth later on. Expect to see about 30-50 tiny babies very soon!

Sarah

In about a month she will have her babies - this is a totally normal part of how they reproduce. She will take the egg sack back into her body after a day or so (gross haha but w/e) and give live birth later on. Expect to see about 30-50 tiny babies very soon!

Sarah

Thank you Sarah...So what Lathis said is incorrect? I've answered the questions...

Are they warm enough? Yes, I have a low wattage heat mat under 1/3 of their container. Average cham room temp is 80º

Have access to food and moisture? Yes, Bug Burger, various fruits and veggies.

Plenty of ventilation in their bucket? Yes, most of the lid is screened.

Dry conditions? Yes.

Back
Top Bottom