What is the best timer settings for a MistKing with a Panther?

odavie

I have a MistKing and they are the best. Awesome design IMO and puts out a fine even mist. My juvenile Ambanja Panther Chameleon will be coming in a few days. I'm setting up the mist timer and want suggestions for how long to mist and how often. I've read twice a day, I've read every two hours. I've read five minute duration so chameleon will drink, I've read around 10-30 seconds. Any suggestions will help. And I live in Rogers, Arkansas if that helps with how the climate is. Thanks

I have mine set up to run 8am-8:10am, 12pm-12:02pm, 4pm-4:10pm

Thanks! I like those times, and I think I'll start at 5min 2min then 5min to watch my humidity levels. Then go from there. Thanks for your input! Still open to more suggestions if anybody has any.

I live in California and I have my mistking going off at 8:30am, 11:30am, 2:30pm and 5:30pm for 1 minutes each session. I've tried longer and the drainage is an issue and it skyrockets the humidity. Using the times above I've been hovering around 70% humidity. Obviously how often or how long would depend on the weather in your area.

From what I've been told and read....make sure it dries out between misting so I'd let that guide you with the frequency and times.

I was advised by the breeder to shoot for 50% humidity. I bought a controller with a probe to monitor humidity and mist as needed.

From what I've been told and read....make sure it dries out between misting so I'd let that guide you with the frequency and times.

I was advised by the breeder to shoot for 50% humidity. I bought a controller with a probe to monitor humidity and mist as needed.

50% I would say is the minimum humidity for them. Too much is a problem as well as it can cause respiratory problems.

Thanks for all the input guys! My humidity is reading 65 without the heat light or mister running. Just lights for the plants, and they're now set to 7am-7pm. And since I know MistKings put out a lot I've decided to try 1min intervals at 8am, 12pm, 3pm(hotter midday), and 6pm(help maintain levels overnight). And I guess I'll adjust from there. Thanks again!

Thanks for all the input guys! My humidity is reading 65 without the heat light or mister running. Just lights for the plants, and they're now set to 7am-7pm. And since I know MistKings put out a lot I've decided to try 1min intervals at 8am, 12pm, 3pm(hotter midday), and 6pm(help maintain levels overnight). And I guess I'll adjust from there. Thanks again!

This is a good starting point :) Trial and error is the best way!

So I don't have a panther yet, but plan on getting one and currently I hand mist my enclosure in the morning around 9:30 for a good 3-4 minutes which gets the humidity to about 80% then by the time I get home 3:30 it's down to 50% then I remist for another 3-4 minutes is my terrarium dropping to 50% going to be okay for a panther? Or is a mist king really needed

Back
Top Bottom