What is on his mouth??

Ag.parks

So I've had my cham for 2 weeks now and tonight I noticed this on his mouth. I didn't see it yesterday but I could have missed it. After reading all of these articles I've felt a little worried about things that could happen to him (health wise) and I just wanted to make sure that he's ok (first reptile so I'm constantly on the lookout for illnesses and stuff). What do ya'll think? Leftovers, fungus??
Additional info:
About 5 months old. Male. Veiled. I feed him about 7 crickets a day (they are pretty big so I only feed him as many as he can eat). In my care for 2 weeks. Misted 3 times a day (sometimes more to keep the humidity up). Dust crickets with vitamins (w/o D3) 2 times a week.
Also// He's a heavy sleeper so when I put the flash on he kept sleeping, this was also the only time I could get a good pic of him:LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_7982.jpg
    IMG_7982.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 130
So I've had my cham for 2 weeks now and tonight I noticed this on his mouth. I didn't see it yesterday but I could have missed it. After reading all of these articles I've felt a little worried about things that could happen to him (health wise) and I just wanted to make sure that he's ok (first reptile so I'm constantly on the lookout for illnesses and stuff). What do ya'll think? Leftovers, fungus??
Additional info:
About 5 months old. Male. Veiled. I feed him about 7 crickets a day (they are pretty big so I only feed him as many as he can eat). In my care for 2 weeks. Misted 3 times a day (sometimes more to keep the humidity up). Dust crickets with vitamins (w/o D3) 2 times a week.
Also// He's a heavy sleeper so when I put the flash on he kept sleeping, this was also the only time I could get a good pic of him:LOL:

Looks like leftovers, try to wipe it. It shouldn’t wake him up.

I see some other areas of concern with the husbandry you’ve posted, specifically your supplements. There is very little room in Cham husbandry for errors.

Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

2 Photos can be very helpful.

Chameleon Info:

◦ My Chameleon - Veiled, female, 5 months old. 2 weeks in my care

◦ Handling - Only once, when I was putting her in his terrarium after I first got her.

◦ Feeding - Crickets. About 7 a day (as many as she can eat). Feed her around 4 crickets usually around 12ish(PM) and recently I have been trying to let her snack on more crickets while trying to hand feed her. I'm currently trying to earn some trust (since I just got her) so that I can start interacting with her a little more. Gut loading- I feed the crickets Fluker's High Calcium Cricket Diet Reptile Supplement. I also feed them Fluker's Cricket Quencher Calcium Fortified Reptile Supplement for hydration (since they drown themselves every time I put the tiniest water cup in the cage :rolleyes:) I try to also feed them some collard greens and fruits.

◦ Supplements - Zoo Med Reptivite without D3. I dust them twice a week.

◦ Watering - I hand-mist and use a homemade dripper. I mist 3 times a day for around 3-5 mins. I sometimes see her drinking, it's super hard to get her interested. I'm hoping that she drinks more when I'm away from her cage. I've seen her drink from the water bowl once and that was a few days after I got her.

◦ Fecal Description - White urates, little yellow, regular poop. No testing, but I've been watching her and I have researched all of the signs. I plan on taking her to the vet for a checkup after she gets settled in her new home and trusts me more.

◦ History - I got her from PetSmart, she got there at around 4 months old. She was there for probably a month until I got her. They said that they monitored her a lot for illness, parasites, etc, nothing seemed wrong. When I got her she was very healthy.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Screen cage. 16" x 16" x 30".

◦ Lighting - Reptibreeze zoomed tropical UVB and heat lighting kit. 8am-8pm.

◦ Temperature - Basking: Around 80 degrees fahrenheit. Night temp: 69-71 degrees fahrenheit. I use a Zoomed thermometer to measure.

◦ Humidity - Humidity levels: 50-60%. I make sure to mist the cage 3 times a day, and I constantly check the gauge. I measure the humidity with a Grreat Choice thermometer gauge.

◦ Plants - No live plants.

◦ Placement - The cage is next to my window. It is close to a air vent but before I put her there I made sure that it wasn't affecting the temp of her cage or anything. The top of the cage is about 6 feet above the ground.

◦ Location - Mid-South America.

Attachments

• IMG_7984.jpg
    IMG_7984.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7986.jpg
    IMG_7986.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7987.jpg
    IMG_7987.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7990.jpg
    IMG_7990.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Looks like leftovers, try to wipe it. It shouldn’t wake him up.

I see some other areas of concern with the husbandry you’ve posted, specifically your supplements. There is very little room in Cham husbandry for errors.

Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

2 Photos can be very helpful.
Also it was just leftovers :) Thank you so much!!

The gutloads your feeding your crickets are worthlessness, look into Repash Bug Burger or Cricket Crack.

Supplements are off, buy Repashy LoD and put it on every feeder you feed her.

Can you post a pic of the entire viv? Specifically the lights.

You mean 5mo female right?
Oh really? :eek: I thought that it was a male because I saw little spurs/bumps on the back of the hind legs! I guess I’m wrong. Here are some more pictures if they are any help? I’m sorry that the quality is horrible!! Its hard to get pics:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 1C089B1B-6337-454A-A4E8-D9BF150C356A.jpeg
    1C089B1B-6337-454A-A4E8-D9BF150C356A.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 92
  • E03F0F1F-1E56-462A-98BA-9313794EC55A.jpeg
    E03F0F1F-1E56-462A-98BA-9313794EC55A.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 07528F78-973F-45B4-A404-D759D3E77BAD.png
    07528F78-973F-45B4-A404-D759D3E77BAD.png
    360.8 KB · Views: 58
The gutloads your feeding your crickets are worthlessness, look into Repash Bug Burger or Cricket Crack.

Supplements are off, buy Repashy LoD and put it on every feeder you feed her.

Can you post a pic of the entire viv? Specifically the lights.
I will get those! Thank you!

Attachments

• 1979FBEC-29DA-401D-AC9B-248EFF1E1B5D.jpeg
    1979FBEC-29DA-401D-AC9B-248EFF1E1B5D.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 9CD56747-F920-4A3C-AF62-7302A99764A1.jpeg
    9CD56747-F920-4A3C-AF62-7302A99764A1.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 38
  • C670C21C-3145-4548-9B75-B32E38215912.jpeg
    C670C21C-3145-4548-9B75-B32E38215912.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 39
I will get those! Thank you!
Yep those are wrong too. You need T5HO lighting. Buy a 24”.

Also your viv is empty. In order for her to settle in and relax enough she must feel secure in there. This is accomplished by having lots of hiding places and branches for her to access every section of her viv.

And you also need to read up on installing a permanent lay bin inside her viv, she will be laying eggs in the future.
They’ll be infertile right? I don’t think that she’s had any interaction with males, not that i know of. Sorry for all of the questions! And thank you for all of your help!

Yes, infertile. We want you to ask lots of questions!
Alright! If she is indeed a female then I’ve got a lot of work cut out for me:oops: I’m very nervous about the whole egg laying situation! Is there anything I should know about? I know that I have to install a laying bin asap but everything else seems very confusing

Alright! If she is indeed a female then I’ve got a lot of work cut out for me:oops: I’m very nervous about the whole egg laying situation! Is there anything I should know about? I know that I have to install a laying bin asap but everything else seems very confusing
Yes, lots to know. Focus on setting the bin up correctly for now and every thing else will fall into place from there. Post back here when the bin is installed.

Back
Top Bottom