What is it about these strange googly eyed creatures?

hey guys i just wanted to make a post about what it is about our chams we love so much? ill start off with a list of enduring attributes about chams i love. (im sure this kinda of post has been made before)
these are all about my female vieled.

1. waking up in the morning knowing that at least one of her eyes are on me
2. the way she freaks out whenever i come near
3. when she eats the worms right outta my hand
4. come home and find her sleeping in some strange position, often withat least one leg stuck up in the air.
5. once again her freakin out for no good reason (always gives me a good laugh)
6. waiting untill i squint both of my eyes before she zaps a cricket
7. the strange looks she gives me when im around

anyways those are just some enduring things i love about my cham...
anybody else care to share?

I love how they have to explore everything. I put one of my males out in the room on the free range tree and you can find him anywhere in the room.

I like how they have special spots for stuff, one for sleeping. one for basking, one million for pooping.........

I love the way they cuddle - no wait that is my dog

Come here, let me cuddle with youWAAAARGH! *chomp*

I love how they can give you funny looks and it just looks adorable... unless they're hissing.

i love the way they watch you do things in their enclosure then go to investigate when you close it.

the suspicion in their eyes when you open the cage door

the excitment in their eyes when they see waxies

the way they lick their lips after eating

the way .....

....ok i'll stop now or i will have pages and pages :)

I live in a one bedroom studio and it is pretty funny how I'll look at the cage randomly and he's basking with one eye on me. Always watching me. I don't know how many times I've come up to the cage to feed him and he still gets all worried, hides behind the branch, then sees the food and slowly comes out like he's been sneaky....
so funny. Of course then I walk away and it seems like he's looking at me like, "let me get another one of those"
Just the coolest looking creature...and he's not even 5 months old!

I posted this on a UK forum just after I got Lily last May. Thought it would fit in this post too!

I love it when she .... yawns! ... licks her lips after she's eaten! ... looks at me with both eyes even when she's got her back to me! ... Does her funny two legged jerky walk along the back of the armchair! I just love everything about her - she's amazing!

This is a great idea for a topic!

I love the way they drink water, so carefully!
And the way she walks closer toward me when i take out the cricket container, when she knows she's going to get foodies! :D

I love how my male veiled* is plotting to kill me even tho...

He eats better than me sometimes.
He has a cleaner house than me.
I spend more time taking care of him than myself

I also love how...

He knows food or water is coming, but yet he still runs and hisses
How they always watch you! (its like someone has your back, but they really dont...)
"The Chameleon Shake" (If you are wondering what this is, think about it, it will come to you)
Watching them eat

*I also have a female veiled, i am still convinced she likes me (shes still young), but in a few months ill have two plotting my demise...

I love everything about my chams. I love the way they look at me, the way they walk. I love their little pincher feet. I love to look at them when they are sleeping. I love to watch them eat. I love to watch them bask in the sun. I am sad when I'm not home with them. These 2 little animals are the most precious pets I've ever had the honor of taking care of.....it give me GREAT pleasure taking care of them and I love them with all my heart!

Last edited:
I like how when they are mad i can pet under their chin, and and they chill out
I love their brilliant colors when either pissed, or outside
I love owning once, and making behavioral notes about them, because we are all helping out the scientific community by owning them and recording awkward things about them.

I love it when my gal darts out of the cage and refuses to go back in (she really does, if she sees the cage she goes higher up my arm)

I love it when she oh, so delicatly plucks a worm from my hand

I love it when they (all of them) put on their pretty colours for me:D

I love chameleons oh so much, sooner or later I'm gonna be stuck with a lot of them. (3 does not count as a lot).

I love the way he does his leaf shake every time I get close to the cage...like it makes him invisible or something!! (seeing that he is the only leaf shaking)

On that note, also the way he pulls himself almost horizontal and flat when he's basking, like the flatter he is the more invisible he is!

I too like to see him sleeping!! Soo cute. Not so cute when awake and plotting against me. But, still cool.

Yet, there is something strange about all of us. Caring so well for and loving a creature that hates us so much (not all of them are angry tho, as I understand) but hey, it's nice to know that we have each other!!! And, love them we do :D:D, for what would we be with out them?

I like the expressiveness of the eyes (though I know I'm reading things into it) - like when Thaxter looks at me from on high on his lampshade, sees me look at him, then rolls his eye slo-o-owly up as if to say "I've seen enough of YOU."
The way they change shape - long, slim and sneaky to inflated top to bottom.
The pincher feet and the prehensile tail.
Watching Thaxter gently touch his tongue down to whatever he's walking along every so often.

hahah I love the chameleon shake as well.

I love how when you mist them they come up to the screen and open their mouth so you can spray it inside.

I love how they think they are 10 feet tall and will stand up to ANYTHING!!:p

And the fact that I have an Cham emergency vet savings account and dont even have one for myself if I ever had a medical emergency....:eek:

and pretty much everything that everyone else has listed:D

Oh and I love the Fact that the little babies that are barley an inch long act EXACTLY the same as the adult chams!! It just amazing:rolleyes:

I love it when Gizmo goes to his basking light in the morning and does his morning stretch, yawn and shake (in that order). His throat gets HUGE and juts out and he's does this little twist and the entire branch he's holding quivers. Then he settles down into his "Solar Panel" pose and I know all is well in his world and I'd better be getting his breakfast ready. Thats what I love. :)

Back
Top Bottom