what incubater do you guys use?

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm getting mixed customer reviews about different incubaters, I would like to know what you use, thanks!!!

I use an old GQF sportsman cabinet. Ive incubated all kinds of stuff in it. I got it for quail but it can work for other types of eggs.

I havent done cham eggs ever. I just got my first chameleon a couple of weeks ago. Various types of birds and a few gopher snakes.

http://www.dvmexotics.com/

These guys are supposed to be one of the best non-medical grade out there from what I've read. I've heard the exo terra ones have solved the issues they had. I know there is a video out there on fixing the unit (replacing the Peltier unit) should it stop working too. @Matt Vanilla Gorilla prefers reptibators if I recall correctly So far I've stayed with the closet method though tbh.

To be honest, the ones everybody hates by exoterra and the various rebrands, actually works quite well. Mine’s been holding a consistent 77 for 4 months. My only caveat is that you order an extra heat sink from amazon, cause they use a fairly cheap one in the unit, that has a tendency to fail; hence all the bad press. The extra heat sink costs about 10$, and having it on hand is a good idea. Then, if it does fail, you can swap it out and you’re good.

Here’s a pic, and one of the extra heat sink.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 66
To be honest, the ones everybody hates by exoterra and the various rebrands, actually works quite well. Mine’s been holding a consistent 77 for 4 months. My only caveat is that you order an extra heat sink from amazon, cause they use a fairly cheap one in the unit, that has a tendency to fail; hence all the bad press. The extra heat sink costs about 10$, and having it on hand is a good idea. Then, if it does fail, you can swap it out and you’re good.

I've read/ watched videos saying the same thing. Closet method works and is free though lol.

Here’s a pic, and one of the extra heat sink.
I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what is a heat sink? I don't know electronics at all. I'm just looking into options for incubators. This is my first clutch and I have a second due around Feb. So I'd like to get an incubator now that temps are dropping here in northern FL.

Could be. What exactly does it do? Like if you turn the heat down, does it jump up a bit first?
when I turn it on ill set the temp to 75.... but it will go past 75 so ill adjust the temp down to 60 but the temp will keep climbing ! I even set the temp the lowest it goes and the temps will still shoot up to 85* and maintain that high temp !

Back
Top Bottom