What Grinds My Gears

Yeah, I mean, I don't have a problem with wanting to get paid. It motivates people and I personally would love to get paid a lot doing something I'm interested in. There's one big drawback that's been on my mind lately though... think of how many people are purposely killing/hurting animals or even kids in order to post about about it for attention. Like munchausen. My wife will show me people posting their kid struggling for life in the hospital or something like that and I'm like WTF. Which person that is so traumatized would be taking the time to write some corny bs and posting pictures of themselves in the corner crying. The hunger and addiction for attention is at it's peak and the problems are starting to show. Could also write a whole book about how it has impacted politics.
Well said!

I havent watched the vid in question... but worth mentioning that live branches with lichen and moss are not a bad thing. They are more realistic than the alternative, too.

Also, keep in mind that a sparsely planted enclosure can grow into an extremely dense enclosure in a month or two. I dont mean sparse as in one or two tiny plants.... but rather plants and trees that will explode when they get acclimated.

My enclosures look bare day 1, but fill in quickly.... and my guys seem to get kind of annoyed if its TOO thick... which is when I trim it back.

Yeah, I mean, I don't have a problem with wanting to get paid. It motivates people and I personally would love to get paid a lot doing something I'm interested in. There's one big drawback that's been on my mind lately though... think of how many people are purposely killing/hurting animals or even kids in order to post about about it for attention. Like munchausen. My wife will show me people posting their kid struggling for life in the hospital or something like that and I'm like WTF. Which person that is so traumatized would be taking the time to write some corny bs and posting pictures of themselves in the corner crying. The hunger and addiction for attention is at it's peak and the problems are starting to show. Could also write a whole book about how it has impacted politics.

I agree - I am always a bit shocked and disgusted when I see the pics of a poor kid suffering and crying, and someone posts it on social media. Or posting photos of a person in their last moments of life. It feels like you are taking away their dignity as well as the rest of the family’s privacy. I dont get it.

Don’t even get me started on people who take selfies giving to the homeless. If you need a selfie to prove you are a kind person... you’re probably not.

Here’s an example of what I mean about plants growing in. With good light, humidity, and temp ... plants grow very quickly.

boy do I need to wash the windows :oops:

0AA95DF7-19F7-4F1D-9C94-93D874D85A9A.jpeg
AD4F2D16-40E6-4A63-A77F-E8B61E098A2F.jpeg

all the frog keepers let their enclosures grow in AT LEAST a month or so before judging its looks. Plants need time to acclimate and then most will grow very quickly with the right conditions.
That’s actually very smart! I just finished my new cage for my new baby and I was a little ehhh about it but your post made me feel good in my jelly’s 🥰

A part of me is really curious as to what the video shows but I refuse to give them another view so I won’t even bother. It is really sad that things like this gives the wrong advice for the wrong type of chameleons. Even in my own enclosure pic posts I try to make it a point to say that I don’t recommend the same things in other chameleon enclosures (like veileds) because I use some fake plants and moss vines for my Jackson’s. Although I’m ready to yank them out already in pursuit of a more all natural enclosure. It’s also detrimental that the chameleon kit comes with the fake plants, making newbies think we are being paranoid telling them to scrap the fake stuff.😔

Back
Top Bottom