What does your spouse (etc) think

jackscham

Just curious what your spouses (girlfriend, boyfriend, roommate.etc) think of your fascination with chameleons? Are they supportive and involved or do they think you're nuts? The first time i brought a chameleon into our home my wife said " ewww, what is that!"--She wouldn't go anywhere near them--but as time has passed, she has grown fond of the little guys. Eventually, I hope she stops referring to them as " iguanas"

My dad is supportive, my mom and grandmother are horrified, and my roommates thought I was nuts but were helpful. Now I live alone and am trying to free range them as much as possible, so now they're not just in their cages in a corner lol So far it hasn't seemed to scare off my friends or dates, so so far so good.

I always told my girl that I wanted a lizzard my whole life but my folks would not let me have one in the house nor would my ex so after she moved in she got me my first cham and a bunch of supplies for christmas last year. So in short she is very cool with it, I'm not sure she realized how into I would soon become but she is happy to share me with Carmie lol. She has always enjoyed watching Carmie grow and doesn't even mind feeding her, everything but dubia's that is, she won't even look at the colony, but doesn't say too much about them living in their tub in the basement;)

my boyfriend and i got hooked together :D we just love how much we learn not only about chams, but plants, worms, crickets...lol..there is so much that goes into taking care of these little guys and it has been a great experience.

I always told my girl that I wanted a lizzard my whole life but my folks would not let me have one in the house nor would my ex so after she moved in she got me my first cham and a bunch of supplies for christmas last year. So in short she is very cool with it, I'm not sure she realized how into I would soon become but she is happy to share me with Carmie lol. She has always enjoyed watching Carmie grow and doesn't even mind feeding her, everything but dubia's that is, she won't even look at the colony, but doesn't say too much about them living in their tub in the basement;)

That's nice, you sir are one lucky man;):cool:

My wife was giving me a hard time since we had a bunch of babies hatch saying that "they would take over the house!" But when I sold 3 to a local guy she got all sentimental about them going and started giving the guy the 3rd degree making sure they were going to be taken care of.
She still thinks I'm nuts but is very supportive. The fact that she let me put a bin full of roaches in the house says it all!

:eek: Roaches! You told me they were butterflies in that Bin!!! LMAO! :p

Yes - His hobby is ok with me - As long as he doesn't think he will take over the whole house! :)
And yes! I am attached to the babies! And to the big guys too!
(Reptoman's wife)

My boyfriend bought me a veiled chameleon 3 years ago and it never stopped after that. We've had many chameleons since then and plan on continuing our hobby together. :)

I thought after 3 years of keeping chams - my husband would get used to them - he still calls them " those lizard things". He fusses about loose crickets and supers(which the cats love to play with). He cannot seems to grasp my fascination with lizards - but he puts up with them - I guess he must love me!!

Not enough patients... lol

My Husband thinks "Wilson" is cool... but he is not realyl involved with him and does not have the patients to sit and watch him the way I do... It's relaxing to me to sit and watch him... milling around doing allot of nothing, or hunting down his lunch, or basking, or.... looking at me like I am a crazy staring person with a sick obsession invading his privacy! LOL!

But when I talk about getting another he does not say much... I guess he figures he told me no to a cat (he's allergic) and no to a small dog he figures he better let this one slide!!!
:D:D:D

My Husband thinks "Wilson" is cool... but he is not realyl involved with him and does not have the patients to sit and watch him the way I do... It's relaxing to me to sit and watch him... milling around doing allot of nothing, or hunting down his lunch, or basking, or.... looking at me like I am a crazy staring person with a sick obsession invading his privacy! LOL!

But when I talk about getting another he does not say much... I guess he figures he told me no to a cat (he's allergic) and no to a small dog he figures he better let this one slide!!!
:D:D:D

Take the opportunity while you still can!!!, i sense future cham members along the way;):p:D

You know it!

Take the opportunity while you still can!!!, i sense future cham members along the way;):p:D

Oh, believe me I already know what I'm getting and when! As soon as Wilson outgrows his cage... I figured I'll have to get him a new one then and gee... what will I ever do with the empty small one??? WELL FILL IT UP OF COURSE!!!

Next on the ajenda is an Ambilobe! WOot Woot!!!:D

My hubby likes mine. William kinda freaks the hubs out because he moves fast lol. He'd rather watch from afar. He definitely isn't into the feeders though!

Oh, believe me I already know what I'm getting and when! As soon as Wilson outgrows his cage... I figured I'll have to get him a new one then and gee... what will I ever do with the empty small one??? WELL FILL IT UP OF COURSE!!!

Next on the ajenda is an Ambilobe! WOot Woot!!!:D

thats funny, cuz my next one is a nosy be!!!!! uhuh, thats the way, uhuh uhuh i like it, thats the way ahhuh ahuh..i like it......:p:D:cool:

GF loves Slice my baby ambilobe ... even has mentioned if a second one happened to appear she wouldnt mind.

Just have to keep the roaches hidden out of sight... crix she can barley deal with but shes okay with them.

My wife was giving me a hard time since we had a bunch of babies hatch saying that "they would take over the house!" But when I sold 3 to a local guy she got all sentimental about them going and started giving the guy the 3rd degree making sure they were going to be taken care of.
She still thinks I'm nuts but is very supportive. The fact that she let me put a bin full of roaches in the house says it all!

:eek: Roaches! You told me they were butterflies in that Bin!!! LMAO! :p

Yes - His hobby is ok with me - As long as he doesn't think he will take over the whole house! :)
And yes! I am attached to the babies! And to the big guys too!
(Reptoman's wife)

LMFAO!!! You two are hilarious!!! I had to sneak my roaches in the house!!:eek: I asked him and he said, and I quote "Oh hell no", so I just ordered them and once I had enough nerve to touch the container :p I put them in their bin!!! After they were here, he doesn't seem to mind too much!! He seems to have grown fond of all of my green kids. He fusses over them for me when I'm at work. He even called me at work this week to ask if he could feed them some silkworms! I even catch him talking to them :p!! Although, he still says he doesn't like them. OK honey!!!:D

My girlfriend wanted one just as much as i did, hers was her first lizard since she owned corn snakes and king snakes, i was the lizard one between us. My parents are still trying to get used to owning all the lizards *and ive had them for over 5 years lol* My mom just doesn't like their hands but i still catch her watching them and taking care of them when i cant or when i come home randomly.

Back
Top Bottom