What do you think of my set up?

Sampson87

20171031_181918.jpg
20171031_181302.jpg
What do you think about my chameleons set-up?
16"x16"x30" screen Terrarium.
75 watt basking basking UVA lamp
Zoo med repti sun 5.0 florescent light.
Day time temperature ranges from 85-95 degrees.
Night time temperature is between 70-75
Zoo med repti fogger. On 30 minute intervals.
Humidity is usually between 40-60%
2 large artificial jungle vines.
Artifical plants.
Medium sized pothos plant.

I have a plastic container at the bottom filled with hydroton "expanded clay pebbles" with newspaper on top of that for drainage.View attachment 193579

Last edited:
Thanks for the input!
I will adjust the humidity to 40-60 % and will plan on gut loading crickets with fresh greens. I'm currently preparing branches that i stripped all the bark and will bake them in the oven at 200 degrees for 2-3 hours to kill any bacteria/ bugs. I wanted to set up everything before i get a chameleon so everything is perfect by the time i get him. Im planning on getting a male veiled chameleon around 2-6 months old from a reputable breeder. What are the best type of greens i should feed the crickets with? And are these supplements good or should i get anything else to dust the crickets with?
I have calcium with d3 and one without. And how often should i dust them with calcium and vitamins?

Attachments

• 15095030361441351582708.jpg
    15095030361441351582708.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for the input!
I will adjust the humidity to 40-60 % and will plan on gut loading crickets with fresh greens. I'm currently preparing branches that i stripped all the bark and will bake them in the oven at 200 degrees for 2-3 hours to kill any bacteria/ bugs. I wanted to set up everything before i get a chameleon so everything is perfect by the time i get him. Im planning on getting a male veiled chameleon around 2-6 months old from a reputable breeder. What are the best type of greens i should feed the crickets with? And are these supplements good or should i get anything else to dust the crickets with?
I have calcium with d3 and one without. And how often should i dust them with calcium and vitamins?

Dust all food with calcium everyday and then every 2 weeks do one feeding with the D3 and vitamins. As for the greens, you can do collard greens, carrots, kale ect. You can google what's good for them. Just make sure you replace the veggies when they start to go bad. That's why I like cricket crack, it doesn't mold.

Dust all food with calcium everyday and then every 2 weeks do one feeding with the D3 and vitamins. As for the greens, you can do collard greens, carrots, kale ect. You can google what's good for them. Just make sure you replace the veggies when they start to go bad. That's why I like cricket crack, it doesn't mold.
Thanks
Okay I'll go ahead and order some cricket crack.

Hi I think it looks good and your making even better, just like you I’m getting all excited. Now I have two questions one what is that in the back it looks like hay, and is a fogger for humidity? Newbie questions

@Mai looks like the top part of a "totem" on a "totem pothos". At least that's what the ones at my home depot looked like once I dug through the foliage lol. You getting butterflies about your little guy coming home yet too?

Hi I think it looks good and your making even better, just like you I’m getting all excited. Now I have two questions one what is that in the back it looks like hay, and is a fogger for humidity? Newbie questions

Thanks, its just a totem for the pothos leaves to wrap around and grow vertical, and the fogger is for humidity and creates dew on the leaves for the chameleon to drink from but im also planning on making a drip system.

@Mai looks like the top part of a "totem" on a "totem pothos". At least that's what the ones at my home depot looked like once I dug through the foliage lol. You getting butterflies about your little guy coming home yet too?

Yeah, im definitely excited to see how he will like his new home. I have some branches i stripped all the bark from in the oven at 200 degrees right now so he will have more stuff to climb on.

Lol cool, even as a nearly 36 yr old grown man, I feel like giddy school kid thinking about blue finally coming home after his month long wait for me to finish his enclosure.

Try and make it more think and branchy in there, They love to be able to climb up high. I hope "branchy" is a word. Anyway, make it more thick in the lower parts of the enclosure with real or fake plants. Make sure you clean them before you use them, and make sure there is a spot in the cage for basking where it is less thick than the rest of the cage.

Try and make it more think and branchy in there, They love to be able to climb up high. I hope "branchy" is a word. Anyway, make it more thick in the lower parts of the enclosure with real or fake plants. Make sure you clean them before you use them, and make sure there is a spot in the cage for basking where it is less thick than the rest of the cage.

Okay I'll go ahead and do that. Thanks!

Lol cool, even as a nearly 36 yr old grown man, I feel like giddy school kid thinking about blue finally coming home after his month long wait for me to finish his enclosure.

Yeah its nice to be getting all this advice to make sure his enclosure is on point before he's introduced to it. The last thing i want to do is change/ move anything when he is in there.

Ive added more branches and an artificial bonsai tree to make it thicker at the bottom. And the humidity is around 75-80% now, is that too high. Its only reading that high because the temp/ humidity monitor is directly infront of the fogger.
20171101_134808.jpg

How is this? 20171101_140136.jpg

Thanks for the input!
Keep in mind that you have a vitamin with D3 in it so make sure he is only getting D3 twice a month. I can't comment on the quality of that one, I've not used it before. But you shouldn't have to use both the vitamin and the calcium with the D3 if the vitamin has the D3 in it.

Back
Top Bottom