What do you think? First build

jonr

im buying a cham soon and just wanted to make sure that he will have plenty of space and a perfect environment for him. its 4ft hx 2ft d x 3ft w and i painted it black. I know i steal need lights, drip system, trees(safe ones)mister system. Anyways back to the cage what do yall think???

Attachments

• IMAG0534.jpg
    IMAG0534.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMAG0535.jpg
    IMAG0535.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0533.jpg
    IMAG0533.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 147
im looking to get a Veiled Chameleon that is from a "newton bloodline" (CHAMAELEO CALYPTRATUS) he is beautiful blue and yellow. Just what i want cant wait!!! Im going out soon to put a bunch of plants so yeah buddy

New PICS with plants but minor problem

so i got the plants real and fake... i got a umbrella plant (schefflera actinophylla) and fake hanging plants in there just for now. I also got a 100w lizard lamp and it is so hot right on the screen and it will burn a hole in it so i wanna raise it up a few inches to be safe and effective! but will get warm enough for the cham?

so i got the plants real and fake... i got a umbrella plant (schefflera actinophylla) and fake hanging plants in there just for now. I also got a 100w lizard lamp and it is so hot right on the screen and it will burn a hole in it so i wanna raise it up a few inches to be safe and effective! but will get warm enough for the cham?[/QUOT

that plant is mildly toxic, often mistaken for the schefflera arbicola, and use a digital thermometer or temp gun, to find out the basking temp, should be around 80-85 degrees:), yes you can raise it or get a weaker wattage , like 75 watt..dont forget a uvb repti-sun linear tube light:cool:

pics!!!! going to take the plant out and put new in and add a few more with a bunch of shrubs and fake grass for the bottom

Attachments

• IMAG0538.jpg
    IMAG0538.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 105
i took out the umbrella plant and put in a safe rubber, and a hibiscus plant... i think it looks good just need to put some sticks and vines in there so he can climb. also im going to add a bottom of fake grass on the floor. I figure that it will be easy to clean and look kinda neat. Also i got a night bulb that i rigged up to the inside of the cage and i took the screen off the top and added a metal screen so it wouldnt burn.

what is your night bulb? You dont want any light at all at night and you want the temperature to drop too.

its a Zilla Night black heat incandescent bulb 75watt, It doesnt seem to get to hot and for the night i dont put the heater on and my house drops around 62 degrees. I live in Corpus Christi Tx so it doesnt get to cold but just cold enough

Back
Top Bottom