What do you think? First build

jonr

im buying a cham soon and just wanted to make sure that he will have plenty of space and a perfect environment for him. its 4ft hx 2ft d x 3ft w and i painted it black. I know i steal need lights, drip system, trees(safe ones)mister system. Anyways back to the cage what do yall think???

Attachments

jonr

im looking to get a Veiled Chameleon that is from a "newton bloodline" (CHAMAELEO CALYPTRATUS) he is beautiful blue and yellow. Just what i want cant wait!!! Im going out soon to put a bunch of plants so yeah buddy

jonr

New PICS with plants but minor problem

so i got the plants real and fake... i got a umbrella plant (schefflera actinophylla) and fake hanging plants in there just for now. I also got a 100w lizard lamp and it is so hot right on the screen and it will burn a hole in it so i wanna raise it up a few inches to be safe and effective! but will get warm enough for the cham?

Ace

Avid Member
so i got the plants real and fake... i got a umbrella plant (schefflera actinophylla) and fake hanging plants in there just for now. I also got a 100w lizard lamp and it is so hot right on the screen and it will burn a hole in it so i wanna raise it up a few inches to be safe and effective! but will get warm enough for the cham?[/QUOT

that plant is mildly toxic, often mistaken for the schefflera arbicola, and use a digital thermometer or temp gun, to find out the basking temp, should be around 80-85 degrees:), yes you can raise it or get a weaker wattage , like 75 watt..dont forget a uvb repti-sun linear tube light:cool:

jonr

pics!!!! going to take the plant out and put new in and add a few more with a bunch of shrubs and fake grass for the bottom

Attachments

jonr

i took out the umbrella plant and put in a safe rubber, and a hibiscus plant... i think it looks good just need to put some sticks and vines in there so he can climb. also im going to add a bottom of fake grass on the floor. I figure that it will be easy to clean and look kinda neat. Also i got a night bulb that i rigged up to the inside of the cage and i took the screen off the top and added a metal screen so it wouldnt burn.

Itwas

what is your night bulb? You dont want any light at all at night and you want the temperature to drop too.

jonr

its a Zilla Night black heat incandescent bulb 75watt, It doesnt seem to get to hot and for the night i dont put the heater on and my house drops around 62 degrees. I live in Corpus Christi Tx so it doesnt get to cold but just cold enough

Top Bottom