What do you think? Cute huh?

I finally got a business account for my animals, so I can better keep track of what I spend and what I sell. It's a local bank, and they asked if I wanted them to find a black and white picture of a chameleon to print on my checks.

I told them I'd just make one and send it to them.

Initially, I wanted to use the logo my wife came up with a few years back. But, that wouldn't be legible at such a small size.
http://www.zorabellarose.com/Chameleonpics/LOGO2.jpg

So, I went looking through my digital pictures and found some unused pics of some deremensis. I figured they'd be preferable, as they have it all - horns, casque, lobes, dorsal crest... plus nobody else uses them.
mensissmall.JPG

I traced it off my computer screen, darkened it with a marker, and fixed it up in windows paint (I need to get another photo editing program - found out the photoshop I had was not legit)
ADRIGNOLACHAMELEONS.JPG

Keep in mind this was created for a printed size about the size of a postage stamp. Cute, huh?

My daughter saw it and was excited at the chance to color it. I think I'm going to make a coloring book. If anyone wants to have a picture of their chameleons added to it, post it in this thread. I'll do a similar treatment(probably fill in the lines better so the kids have an easier time) and send you a copy. She loves chameleons, and I want to put together a bunch of these for her to color in - maybe give them to her school for the kids to color.

You can do something like this in photoshop(once you get a legit version) to save time. Forgot the name, I'm sure someone will think of it. It's adorable. I'll buy a coloring book! :)

Or you can try GIMP. Google it sometime, or send me a PM if you can't find it, but I'm going to bed so I'll do it first thing tomorrow when I get on.

Oh, by the way, if you go to paint and save it as a "monochromatic bitmap" it will make everything black and white.. but it doesn't help with dark pictures. It will help with the sketch, though.

edit:and I'd love to help you out if you want.

yes - I sent them the monochrome bitmap version. The much smaller monochrome bitmap version! I had forgotten how crude paint was. The perm. marker had bled so much, I had to remove and fill in some areas. Plus, when it went into the small bitmap, the tail coil was not clear - I had to go back and change it one point at a time.

stupid thing I did... I put the paper on the screen to trace it - I tested it to see if the marker would bleed thorugh. It didn't. Until I retraced some parts... It looked like a deremensis "connect the dots" on my LCD screen... windex, monitor wipes, nothing would take them off. Haven't used the f word so much in a long time.

Then a eureka moment - Mr. Clean magic eraser. Little water, little pressure, and they were gone like they never existed. Drat - looks like I missed one.

Eric no promises but I might be able to put that on a t shirt for you. I have a couple of killer sewing machines. Let me know if you want me to give it a shot.

Eric no promises but I might be able to put that on a t shirt for you. I have a couple of killer sewing machines. Let me know if you want me to give it a shot.

LOL. Sorry, but never have I seen "killer" and "sewing machines" put together in the same sentence.

Eric that is awesome!

I made a pic one time I thought would be cool in a coloring book or even just to color. Its one of my ambilobe's eye.

full

Raul_Closeup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL looks good like you stuck him right on the photocopier.
I realy like the coloring book idea sumtin we could all add a pic or two to and just print off the website somewhere kids would love it.

Back
Top Bottom