what do these colours mean?

john118

woke up this morn my female cham came darting out the viv with these colours are they norm???

Attachments

• 53400192.jpg
    53400192.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 53400189.jpg
    53400189.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 246
  • 53400191.jpg
    53400191.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 53400190.jpg
    53400190.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 216
I agree with Teresa, robin egg blue spots in female veileds means that she is receptive for breeding, do you have a mature male?

And if you don't have a male, well get ready for worthless eggs anyway. BTW the colors are completely normal.

wait you are telling me you mated her about two weeks ago with a male and she layed eggs?! and now she is receptive again?! No way?! are you absolutely sure?

IMHO she is showing non-receptive/gravid coloration. You said you bred her April 18th...depending on where she was in her cycle, she could lay the eggs any time in the next couple of weeks. Do you have a suitable place for her to dig in the cage now?? If they are mated late in the cycle they can lay the eggs earlier than the normal 30ish days....and you don't want her not to lay and become eggbound because she has no place to lay the eggs.

hi yes i mated her on the 18th of april i have a bucket in there and i have seen her go down a few times but nothing yet is it worth covering the viv over as i have small children that keep looking in?

LOL Sabrina, first its a spur on a female veiled (you sucked me in too), now its lumps?
What is this morbid game, 'spot the defect'? :D
I didnt notice any lump.

....."It might be a tumour' ~ kid in kindergarten Cop

P.S took a second look, I think its a natural part of its anatomy too. 'Puffer thing' is a good enough description for me. LOL :)

Syn...you are right...she seems to have gular edema.

john118 said..."is it worth covering the viv over as i have small children that keep looking in?"...yes, if she sees anyone watching her when she is digging it can make her abandon the hole and if it happens often enough, it can lead to egg binding.

Some people claim that their females get(is that the proper term?) gular edema when they become gravid, not sure if it is normal or not, but i have heard the claim made several times.

i already bred her on the 18 of last month with the male i have

Since I haven't bred veileds, I haven't witnessed the receptive and gravid coloration personally, but I have read that it either means receptive or gravid. I'm not sure who is correct, but it sounds to me like it means gravid if you bred her. So you are attempting to breed chameleons and haven't done your research on what the colors mean??:eek: Make sure that you are giving her calcium and vitamins during this time of egg development. I also see the adema in her chest, may be a sign of supplimentation issues. Are you giving her natural sunlight at all? This period of time is going to take a toll on her body so make sure that she nice and healthy to make it through it and to produce healthy offspring.

john118 said..."is it worth covering the viv over as i have small children that keep looking in?"...yes, if she sees anyone watching her when she is digging it can make her abandon the hole and if it happens often enough, it can lead to egg binding.

Yes, I was thinking it was that until I went back over this thread https://www.chameleonforums.com/gular-edema-23379/?highlight=gular+edema and realized it looks to be a bit further up than the other pictures?

hi when the female is gravid and ready to lay do her back legs look different i know its not mbd so im not worried about that it's just today for the first time in ages i got her out and both her back legs seem to be fine like walking, climbing etc but i have noticed that the top of the legs stick upwards just wondering if the legs open up to let the eggs out i cant get a good enough pic to show you

Back
Top Bottom