what did you get at the fair(pomona)

It was good to meet a lot of new people at the show! If I met you at the Tiki Tiki + AquaZamp booth, PM me so I can connect the face to the username!:D

I got crickets, fruit flies, and this beautiful female beardie
167870_607561564770_17900489_34627112_2593252_n.jpg

first post for me =p . . what's up everyone? i have been waiting a couple years to get either a sugar glider or a chameleon (i know, i know weird combo lol) and i finally decided to get a chameleon. I have been so excited since I ordered him the first week of December but it's too cold right now for him to get sent to me in Jersey right now =( . . i ordered a male Nosy Be from sire Elrohir also!! i HOPE you didn't take mine!! hahaaa...just wanted to say hi to you guys and that this forum is absolutely amazing...never knew how many chameleon lovers were out there

first post for me =p . . what's up everyone? i have been waiting a couple years to get either a sugar glider or a chameleon (i know, i know weird combo lol) and i finally decided to get a chameleon. I have been so excited since I ordered him the first week of December but it's too cold right now for him to get sent to me in Jersey right now =( . . i ordered a male Nosy Be from sire Elrohir also!! i HOPE you didn't take mine!! hahaaa...just wanted to say hi to you guys and that this forum is absolutely amazing...never knew how many chameleon lovers were out there

Welcome to the gang. You haven't seen anything yet. There are lots & lots of us. All chameleon lovers just some of us (me) more over the top than others. But the collective knowledge available here is awesome.

i picked up my aquazamp kit, some cricket crack and water crystals from tiki tiki, and 1000 crickets from diamond. i would have totally picked up a nosy be male if we werent saving to go to vegas in a couple weeks.

haha. we got bros. im sure yours is set aside. if not ill just send you pics of mine:cool:

hahaa thank you.. i just bought the MistKing starter misting system with the "Seconds Timer" (timer for mist to automatically turn on and off) included. Would you, or anyone, happen to know if that's all I need for me to have a working automatic misting system right out of the box when I get it (basically, do I have to order anything else along with that to make sure I have a correct setup)?

hahaa thank you.. i just bought the MistKing starter misting system with the "Seconds Timer" (timer for mist to automatically turn on and off) included. Would you, or anyone, happen to know if that's all I need for me to have a working automatic misting system right out of the box when I get it (basically, do I have to order anything else along with that to make sure I have a correct setup)?

nope. thats it. your good to go. i had a sugar glider for a few year and it sucked. chams are much better.;)

haha. we got bros. im sure yours is set aside. if not ill just send you pics of mine:cool:

lol jcal, don't tease me, I've already been waiting for a month! arghh it's going so sllooowww...at least we know we have siblings, that's pretty cool to talk to each other

nope. thats it. your good to go. i had a sugar glider for a few year and it sucked. chams are much better.;)

hahahaa yea I read that they end up peeing on you and around the outside of the cage a lot, they end up smelling because of that and other things, you have to clean clean clean the cage a ridiculous amount of times, they make a lot of noise and are just plain mean to people sometimes lol

hahahaa yea I read that they end up peeing on you and around the outside of the cage a lot, they end up smelling because of that and other things, you have to clean clean clean the cage a ridiculous amount of times, they make a lot of noise and are just plain mean to people sometimes lol

Very true... I have heard they make terrible pets. You'd have to have LOTS of patience and time to care for them. They cannot control their potty urges and do spray up to a few feet (I think) out of their cages. Wall and stuff around get ruined. But they sure are CUTE! :)

yeah they smell ALOT. and they run around all night keeping you up. mine liked me but didnt like my gf and would hiss and pee on her alot. and they glide and run everywhere outside of the cage and they throw their food everywhere.

we will have to keep in touch. i would like to see how your guy turns out. there will definitely be pictures posting in my photo albums. plus the kammers are awesome so dont worry. this is my 2nd cham from them.

after 2 reptile super shows and many months of doin my homework, i finally decided to get a Chameleon. (while to be more specific a panther cham). went to the Kammer booth and was goin to get an ambilobe but they wanted to charge me tax, so i had to take my cash somewhere else. I know I know they have the best cham's. but didnt have the extra cash to spend. then i found this cool little guy (BB Ambilobe) that just walked on to my hand out of the cage. so i had to take him home. he has no name yet but ill come up with one soon Im hoping he'll be colorful. what you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 146
I never had a problem with mine spraying when I was breeding them(I have never seen anything cuter than a joey, particularly when the brothers and sisters would ride each others back). They will "throw" their food out and around their cage, I found using kitty litter in the base cut the smell to nothing if changed twice a week. They did pee within about five minutes of being let out but after that they were good. I just got tired of chopping fresh fruit and making them their special mix, so far the chams have been a LOT less work on a week to week basis the way I have them set up.
yeah they smell ALOT. and they run around all night keeping you up. mine liked me but didnt like my gf and would hiss and pee on her alot. and they glide and run everywhere outside of the cage and they throw their food everywhere.

we will have to keep in touch. i would like to see how your guy turns out. there will definitely be pictures posting in my photo albums. plus the kammers are awesome so dont worry. this is my 2nd cham from them.

after 2 reptile super shows and many months of doin my homework, i finally decided to get a Chameleon. (while to be more specific a panther cham). went to the Kammer booth and was goin to get an ambilobe but they wanted to charge me tax, so i had to take my cash somewhere else. I know I know they have the best cham's. but didnt have the extra cash to spend. then i found this cool little guy (BB Ambilobe) that just walked on to my hand out of the cage. so i had to take him home. he has no name yet but ill come up with one soon Im hoping he'll be colorful. what you guys think?

He looks great, where did you get him from?

Dozer

Got my new Ambilobe!! I'm stoked lol, his name is Dozer and he's doing good in his new home :D
Can someone tell how old he is by chance?

I was looking for some CB Bearded Pygmy Chameleons but all I saw were some WC (though there was some WC in Tiki Tiki booth that look amazing), so all i ended up buying was a 6oz Miner All Indoor and some branches from that one booth that sold nothing but branches.

Got my new Ambilobe!! I'm stoked lol, his name is Dozer and he's doing good in his new home :D
Can someone tell how old he is by chance?

he looks healthy and awsome.

where did you get him and who is the sire?

he looks to be in the 6-9 month range....for sure under a year old

This is my first post as a new member!

I bought my whole setup and a 5 month old male Ambanja from FL Chams, Inc. From what I understand he's supposed to be turquoise with purple bands. We'll see later on what he's gonna look like.

Question: All I have is a 60 Watt bulb for heat. You think this is enough? I know he's cold blooded and all but he seems really cold to the touch. Should I get a ceramic heating bulb for night time? Or will he be ok without any heat during the night?

How often should I be watering him and how much? I was thinking 2 times a day at half a cup dripping from my dripper.

I have Superworms and Crickets for him.

My UVB is a 5.0.

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• Boss.jpg
    Boss.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Enclosure.jpg
    Enclosure.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 109
welcome to the forums.

first you need a LINEAR uvb 5.0 light tube and fixture,

and as for the heat lamp is ok as long as the temps are in the 80's.

mist him 3-5 times a day with a dripper as well so he can have water most of the day.

gutload your crix

dont interact with your cham, let him get adjusted for a couple weeks is the general used porcess when getting a new cham.

also add :) alot of branches for him to climb around

turn the lights off at night, as long as it the temps are 60's degrees or higher you are good.

Back
Top Bottom