what did you get at the fair(pomona)

Ace: so you think linear is better than a bulb?

well, people use the linear tube because it is for sure safe for the cham.

some of the regualr bulbs may cause eye problems. however some poeple had success with them, but check on your cham if he is closing his eye alot if you want to use the bulb.

This is my first post as a new member!

I bought my whole setup and a 5 month old male Ambanja from FL Chams, Inc. From what I understand he's supposed to be turquoise with purple bands. We'll see later on what he's gonna look like.

Question: All I have is a 60 Watt bulb for heat. You think this is enough? I know he's cold blooded and all but he seems really cold to the touch. Should I get a ceramic heating bulb for night time? Or will he be ok without any heat during the night?

How often should I be watering him and how much? I was thinking 2 times a day at half a cup dripping from my dripper.

I have Superworms and Crickets for him.

My UVB is a 5.0.

Any other suggestions?

Welcome to the forum!

You shouldn't need any heat at night unless the temp gets down into the lower 60's. If it does get that cold in your home then use a ceramic heater or a ReptilesUV heat projector to warm the cage. These types of heaters don't give off any light. You want it to be dark at night.

As far as day time, I think your heat lamp is just fine.

You should hand spray or use an automated mister and do either for at least 3-5 minutes of misting, 3-4 times a day.

Giving the cham a nice long shower makes sure they don't have eye issues and they are well hydrated.

I held my self back from getting another ambilobe from kammerflage. But I couldnt help myself from getting Tiger a new 2x2x4 enclosure and a mistking. I cant wait for a day off to set it up.

I got a Kammer Kreation lol

He's a little 2 month old Ambilobe from Hazo-matoatoa. :D

I'm hoping he gets that great turquoise blue bar from his dad. ;)

I bought a Cham from Kammers. My darling wife fell in love with the most expensive Cham at the show. I dont have any pics or a name for him yet but here is the link to him on Kammers website. I want to name him like Burning Rain or something, so that he has rain in his name. So DORO ORANA would be Burning Rain In Malagasy, Dont know yet though.

http://www.chameleonsonly.com/produ...A_Autumn_Rain_Hatched_November_09-236-65.html

lol I just missed seeing him then! Ed had mentioned he sold a $600 cham 15 mins before I got mine. =P

I was looking for some CB Bearded Pygmy Chameleons but all I saw were some WC (though there was some WC in Tiki Tiki booth that look amazing), so all i ended up buying was a 6oz Miner All Indoor and some branches from that one booth that sold nothing but branches.

that booth that sold the branches was awesome. i meant to get some after i walked the whole expo but never made my way back. cool stuff for a very cheap price

lol I just missed seeing him then! Ed had mentioned he sold a $600 cham 15 mins before I got mine. =P

Yup I am the Sucker.:D He is a beauty. I got him to eat a Horn Worm yesterday. I have been futzing around with his cage and finally got everything except his mist king set up. He is just chilling up at the top in his basking spot. Though I think I need to get a 100 watt bulb since his basking spot is only 76*. my bedroom stays so cold that I had to place a ceramic heating bulb above his cage just to regulate the temp and get his cage to 68* at the bottom and 80* at the top. Going to look for a 100 watt bulb right now.

I bought this cham from the Kammers in Dec. 09. He is from the offspring of G'Kar, a Panther Morph. I had the opportunity of meeting the Kammers on Sunday at the super show. Liddy's husband, think his names Jim?? (Don't remember) told me out of G'Kars first clutch there where only 2 males and I have one of them. Pictured below, I found this to be pretty interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 156
he looks healthy and awsome.

where did you get him and who is the sire?

he looks to be in the 6-9 month range....for sure under a year old

Thx Ace, I got him from Amazing Blue Reptiles and they didn't know about the sire lol :/

The show

I got two leopard geckos and mistking nozzle and tubing Woot lol I wanted to get a mr swirly offspring from kammers but they were sold out before the show :(

first post for me =p . . what's up everyone? i have been waiting a couple years to get either a sugar glider or a chameleon (i know, i know weird combo lol) and i finally decided to get a chameleon. I have been so excited since I ordered him the first week of December but it's too cold right now for him to get sent to me in Jersey right now =( . . i ordered a male Nosy Be from sire Elrohir also!! i HOPE you didn't take mine!! hahaaa...just wanted to say hi to you guys and that this forum is absolutely amazing...never knew how many chameleon lovers were out there

Not a weird mix at all... at least I don't think so. I wanted a suger glider too for the longest & then saw a picture of a panter chameleon, feel in love & the rest is history! I also live in Jersey & bought my came from the Krammers as well (I recognized your sire, the famous Elrohir)... hummmm maybe it something in the Jersey air. lol If you ever do get a sugar glider be sure to post pics!

Back
Top Bottom