what could the issue be ?

RobStac

okay so I took a picture there for u because my veiled seems to be shutting his eyes a lot when he's in his cage and when I take him out, normally just one at a time, he eats and drinks normally I have a 5.0 uvb bulb, his poop is brown with the white that shows he's not dehydrated but from the picture can you tell what might be the issue, I have a big cage about 6 feet high by 4 feet wide so I use a 100 watt sunglow basking spot a 100 watt blue reptile light for heat and a 100 watt regular house bulb at the opposite side of the cage, any help is greatly appreciated,

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 119
  • sds.jpg
    sds.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 71
Is the uv a tube or compact bulb? On a cage that high you really need at least a 10.0 tube that covers the whole length of the cage.

Also you really should only need one heat bulb for basking. Three is a bit overkill and isn't giving the best temperature gradient.

I got ride of the regular house bulb its only like 78 degrees in the cage now though I am in a humid basement, the uvb is a like bulb that's coiled

I got ride of the regular house bulb its only like 78 degrees in the cage now though I am in a humid basement, the uvb is a like bulb that's coiled

Could be the coil bulb. They are known to cause eye problems. Many say thy have been fixed but again eye issues are cropping up again due to these bulbs.

A 5.0 compact is basically useless on a setup of your size. A 10.0 4 feet long tube uv would be much better for the chameleon or you could go for the newer Arcadia T5 uv tubes. In a well planted cage of your size a 12% refer yes bulb would be a good choice.

I would take him to the vet as soon as possible. For now you could try flushing it out with saline.

yeah ill go look at the pet shop see if I can get that higher bulb, ill rinse his eyes now, and if worst comes to worst ill hit the vet if I can adjust things to make it better

Back
Top Bottom