What can I do

I think I making nice process with my little girl she enjoys me hand feeding her she actually come right to the corner when she sees me coming in the morning.
I can go and do things in her enclosure without her getting stressed out or angry at me. Even when I over my hand she comes and claims on is sometimes her stress marks come out and shortly go away again after. She claims up my arm and I can place my other arm in from and she walk over no problem but when I try to walk away from the enclosure with her she opens her mouth at me and sometimes hisses.
Isn’t she comfortable enough yet to leave her cage and move to the free range area? I’m not sure how to go around this for her to get comfortable moving away from her cage without getting upset. I don’t want to lose trust we have so far I have with her. When she is on my arm and I want to put her back in her enclosure she doesn’t want to go back in lol it takes abit

Attachments

• 87A0410F-C469-4E7D-BD97-08890041BA60.jpeg
    87A0410F-C469-4E7D-BD97-08890041BA60.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 115
Maybe there is something inside of her cage that she doesn’t like? Could you post pictures of the enclosure ?

Is that another chameleon cage right next to her cage? Is there a blinder in between the cages? She may be hissing at the other chameleon as you go to put her back

Is that another chameleon cage right next to her cage? Is there a blinder in between the cages? She may be hissing at the other chameleon as you go to put her back
Yes there is another one next to her with a binder so they can’t see each other. When they are in there enclosure. But when I have her on the free range and I put her back she would be able to a peak at him I think.

I would push the cages farther part. I keep mine about a foot from each other and even then I think they are still to close

I think she is hissing because she sees him when you are trying to walk over with her. You could try putting her in front of you with your back between the two of them to create a blinder so she does not see him directly. Or if you are walking too fast she may not feel comfortable with the movement....

So I totally just asked someone about this and they actually do not produce pheromones. I thought for sure they did and was shocked lol Your in my brain girl!
Pheromones are a mammalian trait and Chams have a very poor sense of smell. They aren’t smelling each other.
that's so interesting, well you learn something new every day, I knew they couldn't really hear but smell?? wow...

Back
Top Bottom