What can I add?

Discussion in 'Enclosures And Supplies' started by Sarge84, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Chamaniac

Chamaniac Member

I would add a lot more foliage for him to hide in. A nice viney pothos would be great!

2. Monta

Monta Established Member

image.jpg
    Well I always complain about people not useing enough live plants. But I see in your case what little you have in live plants he’s eating them.:eek:. LOL. My Panther likes to eat his Pothos leaves. Not as much as your little buddy. So I clip vegetable greens here and there for him. You can throw abunch of crickets in there too. That’s organic Kale in the middle.​

Mai, Chamaniac and JacksJill like this.
  3. Alexander1

Alexander1 Avid Member

More plants and climbing opurtunities. Hiding spots, humidity pockets etc.

Monta and Chamaniac like this.
  4. Sarge84

Sarge84 Member

Wow your is amazing. I am going to get some live plants and vines this weekend. Any suggestions on what I should get? Also I see you have hooked you plant from the top, how did you attach the hooks?

5. ChamLB

ChamLB Avid Member

Pothos are the best vines for chameleon enclosures.

Monta likes this.
  6. CJ's Exotics

CJ's Exotics Established Member

Schleffera work very well too, and have a nice naturalistic look to them.

7. Monta

Monta Established Member

Hi thank you ! I had my husband uses fering strips and all the weight is on top . He cut the wood end to end right to the edge of the top of the frame. I also painted it black.
    As far as plants go Pothos ( the hanging plant) that’s a must for hideing.Ficas tree and a Hibiscus tree. That might be a little hard to find it’s a seasonal plant for the Midwest. I believe their is a list of safe plants here on this website. I googled mine safe plant last year on my own. I use a driper and that’s sitting on a fering strip too. Water dripers are heavy LOL the Pothos are nice size leaves for your Chameleon to drink off of.(y)

Attached Files:

8. Monta

Monta Established Member

Amen!

9. Sarge84

Sarge84 Member

23BD81D2-5369-43F8-8135-E6D1860A32FA.jpeg I have added a couple of plants.next I need to get some vines. He is enjoying it hiding. Can you find him? Lol

JacksJill likes this.
  10. Monta

Monta Established Member

Looking good ... all you need is a Pothos hanging basket . By the way the zip ties need to be cut shorter. Have you ever been scratched by one Ouch! They do make special cutters for them ... but you don’t need them. Just cut them shorter and knock down the points.(y)

11. ahood

ahood Member

Where did you get that green hexagon-shaped netting material and the extendable bamboo?? I've been looking for these items for a while now.

12. Monta

Monta Established Member

13. Monta

Monta Established Member

Sorry the expandable lattic like at Menards

ahood likes this.
  14. Sarge84

Sarge84 Member

799BD4A7-3E9A-4CA9-ABC2-137605F5CE3C.jpeg I have added a few more bits. Can anyone help out with what else I need to do.

15. bishop

bishop Member

My cage has a ton of various branches and plants (real and fake) for Leilu. I’ve found that she seems to love all the nooks that are in her cage.

While she favors certain spots/pathways, I wanted to build something where she wouldn’t become depressed/bored, and wanted to give her every opportunity to climb however she chooses.

Attached Files:

timw1 likes this.
  16. timw1

timw1 Established Member

Make it a jungle! 20171116_181153.jpg

CJ's Exotics and bishop like this.
  17. CJ's Exotics

CJ's Exotics Established Member

timw1 likes this.
  18. Sarge84

Sarge84 Member

19. timw1