What Camera are you using?

Actually I've never been on POTN but I'll check it out. I'm working on setting up a personal website that will have among other things some of my photography, my high-speed feeding videos, etc. For now, you can check out my flickr account. It has some of my photos but not nearly all of it, especially my chameleon stuff: http://www.flickr.com/photos/parsonii2002/sets/

Chris

Nice Chris, I love all the wildlife you have shot! Check out that canon forum, too much good stuff on there.

-Jay

Canon XTi
Canon 50D

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L IS USM
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II

Canon Speedlite 580EX II

and various accesories...

I have a POS PAS... canon something or other powershot? i dunno...

My other camera is a EOS 3 (yes that's film) with a vertical grip, I forget the strobe... whatever was hot at the time and I have a 28-135mm USM IS canon lense.

Jason,

Can you point me to where you got the lens hood for the 18-55 stock lens. Is it designed especially for it?

Hi Guys,

So I jumpped in and bought this:

Canon Rebel Xsi DSLR with 18-55mm IS kit and EF 55-200mm Lens

hxxp://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=BDL10001928&logon=L&langid=EN

Totally on an impulse, cuz I don't know what I bought really, jejeje. I just noticed is the same as the one you have Malicious. One question I have and excuse my ignorance, Can you see through the LCD what you are shooting? like in the point and shoot cameras? What do you think about the price? (remember the link I posted are canadian dollars, which are 1.23ca = 1us

You can see throught the lcd screen, but it is a nearly useless feature it's called "Live View". You will see soon enough. The auto focus does not work well with it, so you have to manuel. It is kinda handy to connect your computer to the camera when it's on a tripod though.

You'll have to look up in the manuel how to turn it on. It has to be "enabled" then turned on by pressing the set key in one of the creative modes (A-DEP, M ,AV,TV,P) on the dial.

You can see throught the lcd screen, but it is a nearly useless feature it's called "Live View". You will see soon enough. The auto focus does not work well with it, so you have to manuel. It is kinda handy to connect your computer to the camera when it's on a tripod though.

You'll have to look up in the manuel how to turn it on. It has to be "enabled" then turned on by pressing the set key in one of the creative modes (A-DEP, M ,AV,TV,P) on the dial.

Kev is correct, "Live View" is darn near useless.:eek: I used it to take a few pictures and quickly learned it's not that great. You will get used to using the viewfinder, and it will become second nature.

Here is how you turn on "Live View":

Press the menu button once.
scroll using the right arrow to the 2nd tools menu (looks like a yellow wrench)
Arrow down to "Live View function settings" and press "Set".
Arrow over "Live View shoot" and press "Set"
Select "Enable" and press "Set".
Press the shutter button half way to exit and return the camera to normal mode.

To turn on "Live View" while shooting, just press the "Set" key. To turn it off, press the "Set" key once more.

One more thing, read the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. It will make using that camera simple and fun. Good luck with that new camera!:)

-Jay

Canon T1i

Canon lenses
18-55mm EF-S IS
55-250mm EF-S IS
10-22mm Wide Angle
50mm EF 1.8 II

Vivitar 383 Flash

I want a new Manfrotto Tripod and a 100mm Macro

Sony A700

Minolta lenses
24mm 2.8
35mm 2.0
50mm 1.4
100mm 2.8 macro

28-135mm 4-4.5
35-105mm 4.0

The 24 and 100 are great for closeups and the zooms have macro functions that are quite useable.

haha now that I have something worth posting....

• EOS 3 (film)
  • canon film drive vertical grip
  • EOS 50D (digital)
  • canon battery pack vertical grip
  • 28-135mm canon lens
  • 550EX flash
  • Quantum turbo batter
  • tripot...

Can you all tell me what the difference is between DSLR and SLR and is there a huge difference in photo quality? Just starting to look at cameras and I'm feeling :confused::confused:

Can you all tell me what the difference is between DSLR and SLR and is there a huge difference in photo quality? Just starting to look at cameras and I'm feeling :confused::confused:

Well for Starters one is Digital and the other one is film.

DSLR = Digital Camera
SLR = Film camera (35mm)

DSLR is a little bit cheaper in the long run. Because you can take as many pictures as you want, and not worry about wasting film. Image quality is good on both cameras, but if you want to take pictures to upload them on the internet. I would definitely go for the DSLR, SLR still takes Quality pictures if you want to print them out.

Hope this helps just a bit.

Well for Starters one is Digital and the other one is film.

DSLR = Digital Camera
SLR = Film camera (35mm)

DSLR is a little bit cheaper in the long run. Because you can take as many pictures as you want, and not worry about wasting film. Image quality is good on both cameras, but if you want to take pictures to upload them on the internet. I would definitely go for the DSLR, SLR still takes Quality pictures if you want to print them out.

Hope this helps just a bit.

That really helps. :D I would need DSLR for internet and computer use. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Back
Top Bottom