What are you paying for gas where you are???

i just filled up at 3.82 per gallon

If it wasn't all the wild herps running around, and they high number of serious herp keepers, that were influencing me to move to Florida... now it's the gas prices! Several months ago i would have bitching about 3.82 here... But now that sounds like a dream...

wait a second... nevermind... I will take the rare earthquake , to yearly tropical storms anyday.

Anybody know any of the details on this Dodge Gas card deal??? Buy their truck and you get a card that gets you gas for 2.89 a gallon or some dirt cheap number... That is tempting... They are trying find some way to combat the high sales of these gas efficient cars that are taking over the market. Sounds awesome to me! I'm still shopping for a MoPed.

Holy cow that is sooo cheap!
I've just given up my 2.0l car today to buy a 1.3L engine car as i dont earn enough to run the 2.0L..

Wait, who's Taylor?
Now that's twice.. I'm sorry. I'm not doing that on purpose.
It's a dumb typo on my part... entirely unintentional.

Brad, I too want to keep this discussion as civil and as respectable as possible.
Not to get sucked down into some kind of flame war over
social and political perspectives that we as individuals can't do much about.

Tyler has always been good to me at the shows, even though
we may see things differently - I'm not taking things personally.
(I just think he just watches waaaay too much FOX TV). :)

Lowest price in 15 miles of the office $4.12/gallon as of today.

Much suggestion to everyone hurting from high gas prices would be to go out there and start making a sh#tlo@d more money so that you don't even care about or pay attention to the price of gas.

Sorry Tyler
"Fair and Balanced" always sounded like a use car sales pitch to me.
Seriously, if something was "Fair and Balanced"
would they have to constantly repeat it all the time?
sorta sounds like "The ministry of truth" to me...

anyway... back to topic.
The sooner this nation gets off it's oil habit
the better off we'll all be. I strongly suspect Collusion of some sort
ramping up the profits.

Just threw some money out the window.
$3.89 for mid-grade (89 octane)
austin, tx

"Fair and Balanced" always sounded like a use car sales pitch to me.

Might sound like a sales pitch, but it's the #6 ranked cable channel (#1 news channel), with it's closest competition (CNN) at #26. Seems like America appreciates "Fair and Balanced." Sorry to burst the bubble.

Here's the link you keep asking for:
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6517290.html

Here's another quote:
Topix.com said:
Why Liberals Hate Fox News
Because Fox News is a breath of fresh air.
After 50 years of liberal garbage being shoved down our throats, finally we are hearing other viewpoints.
Liberals hate Fox News for the very reason the Fox News has opened up America's eyes.
Same holds true for talk radio. Why do you think liberals want to "hush Rush?"
More power to Fox News and to talk radio.
Ever wonder why the viewership and readership of ABC, CBS,NBC, NPR, CNN, print media, news magazines are declining? Americans, at least conservative Americans, are fed up with the liberal media.
By the way, I like Bill O'Reilly and can say, without hesitation, that all his shows are "Fair and Balanced." Something I don't see elsewhere.

Being "popular" has nothing to do with the truth.

FOX™ features opinion as "news" using it to sway public opinion.
The accumulated power of Rupert Murdoch and his news corp
has our founding fathers - spinning in their graves.

Last edited:
Being "popular" has nothing to do with the truth.

FOX™ features opinion as "news" using it to sway public opinion.
The accumulated power of Rupert Murdoch and his news corp
has our founding fathers - spinning in their graves.

I recently switched news stations from Fox, however, while they are quite open about their bias, they do bring on people with conflicting beliefs and let them speak, and one of there most popular shows is co-hosted by a person with opposing beliefs to the majority of it's audience. Overall, I don't think they are too bad, but they do offer their strong opinions and present facts in a way that their audience would perceive them as opposed to just laying the facts. I dont think there that bad though.

On another note, oil jumped $5.00 a barrel today from this morning to the closing bell. So much for the small price decline people were forecasting for the coming weeks:(

What a crock!

Aye!!! That is one bloody monstrous Crock Mate!!!... Unfortunatley the precense of this HUGE CROCK, is threatening the population of the native Green Back, which is in turn vital to the survival of Humanus Commuterus, a Subspecies of the Homosapien thats means of locomotion have haulted in advancement due to the greed of "the Man"...

4.39 for regular!?!?! I heard a radio add that stole my joke from the original post that made me LAUGH! Mark and Brian... KLOS in the morning have an add that says... "When you get Gasoline, Do you feel like you need Vasoline?"LOL Cracks me up...

I pulled a Jim Carey last time I got gas... Gave them the... "How do you sleep at night?!?!?"

Last edited:
Off topic ... But yesterday after work I went to get a beer to take home... I paid 1.75 for 24 oz of Miller, and 2.00 for a 24oz bottle of Water...

Something is messed when you can buy Beer cheaper than Water...

Like the Bible story... accept now you could make a better profit turning wine into water.

Off topic ... But yesterday after work I went to get a beer to take home... I paid 1.75 for 24 oz of Miller, and 2.00 for a 24oz bottle of Water...

Something is messed when you can buy Beer cheaper than Water...

As depressing as gas prices are lately, at the $4.50/gallon price of gas converted into liquid ounces (1 gallon = 128fl oz), 24oz of gasoline is only $.84 (so gasoline is still less than half the price of purified water)... So much for the hope that our cars will someday run on water! DRILL DRILL DRILL!!!

Why have them run off of water at all?
Some bozo auto maker will only try to augment the water consuming engine
so that it can only function on their "specially augmented water" and then sell it for $4.50 a gallon.

as long as we're going to have to re-structure things...
might as well make a real change for the better.

Have all the auto's all run off of electricity (they're far more efficient)
all you need is some solar cells or a Stirling engine in your back yard
or even better, all new housing developments have to reserve space
for solar Stirling engines to power their homes!

what an idea!... no more payments to the man!
better hurry though...
because right now they're making the switch themselves
so that they can stay on top by selling you for profit what you can get for own yourself (for free).

Have all the auto's all run off of electricity (they're far more efficient)
all you need is some solar cells or a Stirling engine in your back yard

I'll check in with my homeowners association and see if they're cool with a 60 foot tall dish in my backyard...

There will be a point where solar power can only power so much vehicle (everyone will be driving cardboard boxes) and there will still be a need for real horsepower for hauling anything other than a backpack.

This also doesn't do much for the parts of the country that are cloudy all the time (like the "Sunshine state" of Florida or much of the Northeast and Northwest). I guess I'm in good shape here in the desert, though, so I'll check into that 60 foot dish, and also into the technology that doesn't exist, while paying $4 and $5 per gallon to fill up my lifted F-150. Maybe if we tax the "evil" oil companies some more, gas prices will come down???

Back
Top Bottom