What are the best live plants

AZcham new boy

hi guys and girls,
im new to the hobby and jst want to no what is the best to put on the grond in my vivarium, and also what live plants are safe.
Basically just let me no what u experience owners put on the ground and plants cos im not sure wheather just to go with fake ficus plants.
all comments on the subject will be helpful so i can set up for when i get my chameleon(cant wait:rolleyes:)

and any tips for the newby:p
thanx again
Aaron.

Most of us use bare pvc board at the bottom (if you buy from lllreptile,flchams,tikitikireptiles this comes with the cage) so its easy to clean/dry and nothing for the cham to accidently ingest. If you must you can put paper towels down there. I highly recommend that you get real plants as they help with humidity.

In my cage i have a scheflerra arboricola, ficus benjamina and pothos plants.

I definitely recommend the pothos, it grows like a WEED!! no matter how much water my mistking system dumps on it. The scheflerra and ficus are a little more sensitive to overwatering so i have them placed more in the corners of my cage so they catch small amounts of spray from my mistking.

Ficus and Pothos is what I have. Pothos need LOTS of water and often are kept in just water with no soil. I just put a Pothos in each of my Cham cages and they are AWESOME! You can tie the vines up and all over the cage for your little guy to climb on. Real plants are best!:)

Ficus and Pothos is what I have. Pothos need LOTS of water and often are kept in just water with no soil. I just put a Pothos in each of my Cham cages and they are AWESOME! You can tie the vines up and all over the cage for your little guy to climb on. Real plants are best!:)

ive found the pothos plant, was called devils ivy, ive also found but not purchased a ficus golden princess plant, is that ok or unsafe i dont want to set myself up for failure before i get him.

Greets and welcome.

I would not call myself experienced... yet. But I have This List on my phone so when im out i can do a quick check.

I also have lots of Pothos in my cage, as well as Ficus Benjamina ( Weeping Fig) and Purple Passion I just put in there im trying to grow up the Ficus.

I am finding that my Panther is out growing the Ficus and the branches seem weak to support him. I may need to find an alternative. Like a large Dwarf Umbrella or something.

Anyway good luck.

I've read Golden Pothos plants are toxic to cats and dogs?

Back
Top Bottom