What a roller coaster...

crocky

The last few weeks have been....I have worked from home for a few years now and just in the last month or so I have had a few additions to my job duties which require traveling and I am not home as much. Typically gone 4 days out of the week. I typically get home in the evenings but boy I am worn out.

So I have not been on much lately except to try and sale my beautiful dragons :). Only because of the job thing. I have been contemplating needing to sale Waldo :(. Really struggling with all this, i just love all my critters but sometimes we have to re evaluate our priorities. We have 4 dogs (furry kids) that we adore and with summer coming the yard work is gonna pile up...Sandy is a trooper but I cannot and won't put everything on her shoulders. So I am going to have to make some sacrifices and since the house, Sandy and the dogs are my constant and non negotiable, the reptiles may have to be rehomed as i don't want them to not have the time from me they require. I don't like to do things half ass. Never in a million years did I think my job would take me here but hey, can't complain too much as I love my job and I am grateful I have it!

Anyway I wanted to check in with all my Cham family and say hello. Gonna sleep and pray on the decision of wether for not to sale Waldo....bless him, he has really come around to me and now not being able to spend the time with him as I was when i was hime everyday, i fear we may take some steps back so I want to do what ever is best for him. I was letting him out everyday and now when I come home late he is nose to door eager for some free time :(.
I did get to take him outside today though for some sun and he was loving it.
And gosh he is more vibrant everyday.

So hope everyone is doing well!!! I check in from time to time and hoping in the next few weeks things will calm down enough that when I get home, eat dinner, love on the dogs and chat with Sandy for a bit that i don't pass out immediately afterwards, I can spend a little more time on here.

Well sounds like you have a busy life and sometimes we have to do what is right, even if it means making sacrifices for the betterment of our loved ones(animals included). I know you will make the best decision for Waldo and I respect you for that. He is a beautiful chameleon and I am sure if you find it is not in his best interest for you to keep him, that someone here on the forum would be glad to give him a loving home. If I was in the market for another cham, I would be happy to take him off your hands! Well, think on it for awhile, and the right answer will come to you.

Thanks! Yeah busy, busy for sure. It will get better though and I keep holding on to that when thinking about Waldo, I love him so and I am struggling with the thought of having to sale him, so for now I am going with my gut and i think i will let it ride another week or so, and re evaluate. I don't want to rush into something I will regret. Maybe I just need to build him a much larger cage so he has more room so not getting out everyday won't be such a disappointment for him. IDK, got to really think it through. I think if I sold my bearded dragons I would feel much better about the time I had and how to spend it.

I really miss getting on here though and seeing what is going on with everyone's Chams etc...

Its tough when you go through major changes. We are about to deal with similar issues. My boyfriend has been home with everyone during the day and they are so used to their schedule. Now we have to figure out a way to change the way we do everything as he wont be home during the day anymore due to a new job. These boys have been hand fed or fed in their free range for a year. Now I need to figure out how to get them used to cup feeding. Not to mention all the other pets. Its hard to adjust, but you will figure out what is best and how to handle it.

I hope you are able to keep waldo, he is adorable.

Thanks for the support. At this time since I have sold my male dragon and the female is pending I am going to keep Waldo for now....YEAH!!!!

Oh cool, that is great news.

so now we need an updated pic of him.

Will do. Gotta take some more. My schedule has been so crazy lately. Maybe I will have some down time this weekend. I was actually home today and he had some much needed time out of the cage.

Keeping my fingers crossed that my schedule will continue to let me keep him on. Right now it is worst a shot for sure. He is such a sweet boy and doing so well!

Last edited:
I hope you feel able to keep Waldo. I am really happy that you care so much about Waldo that you would sell him, if that is what was needed for him to have a good home. Wish we had more keepers like you.

Thanks all for the support, that means so much to me! It has been tough even letting go of my dragons but I think they are much more adaptable to new environments than Chams so if I can keep him AND keep him happy then that is what I am going to do :). The good thing is with the dragons is my male went to a member here and my female is going to someone a bit more local so it is easy for me to see how they are doing and get pics :).
As for Waldo, I am going to re evaluate in the next month or so and see how things go. It is easy to clean and feed but the important stuff like free time etc i don't want to go lacking for him. We have come so far. He so loves to get out and spend his day on my screen door...lol. I would not want him to miss doing that too much.

Fingers crossed that it will work out.

Many thanks again for you guys/gals support! Sometimes that is all we need to know we are doing the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom