it seems to be some sort of small growth? i’m wondering what this is
I know we went over this in a previous post, but are getting/making a better gutload? Do you have calcium with D3 (phosphorus free) and a multivitamin? I would possibly lay off on the superworms to once or twice a week or as a treat. Cage should be 2ft by 2ft by 4ft tall. What is your new uvb going to be? What types of plants are you getting? I know this doesn’t answer your question, so I’m sorry about that, but let’s get this squared away, shall we?i filled out the form, all of my answers are in parentheses
◦ Your Chameleon - The species (veiled), sex (male), and age of your chameleon(about 3 years). How long has it been in your care?(since september 26 2018)
◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?(every other day or so (or less) for 3-10 minutes, but i don’t ever make him come out, i just let him walk on me if he walks out of his cage)
◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham?(crickets and superworms, used to eat a diet of just crickets with no supplements) What amount?(was eating 10 cricks a day now eats 5 crickets and 2 superworms) What is the schedule?(every other day) How are you gut-loading your feeders? (flukers orange cube complete cricket diet (needs changed working on that as well, wider variety of feeders coming in the mail))
◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?(had no vitamins and no calcium until i got him, he gets his food dusted every other day (so every feeding) with calcium, i use exoterra calcium without d3)
◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use?(spray bottle, spraying down leaves, previous owners had a small tupperware bowl of water at the bottom of the cage that they claim he drinks out of, i took it out as advised by people on here) How often and how long to you mist?(previous owners misted him 2x a day once in the morning once about 5 pm, i do at least 3x a day i just mist his fake plants for a little bit i make sure they are dripping) Do you see your chameleon drinking?(i have not yet seen him drink off of leaves or out of his bowl)
◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. (egg white color/ consistency (last two days he’s been dehydrated, urates are white and orange/yellow), harder black poops, harder brown poops, and white poops that look like cheese curds, all in the same poop session lol) Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?(not that i know of and i highly doubt it)
◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.(he was rescued by his previous owners, and now i am attempting to rescue him again lol, there is nothing out of the ordinary that i have been told that hasn’t already been mentioned, except he had a 2-3 inch portion of the spines on his back missing, previous owners said the owner before them was careless and probably had some sort of accident (was told on here that he was most likely burnt))
◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen,Combo?) (screen) What are the dimensions? (1.5feet deep 1.5 feet wide 3 feet tall)
◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? (i have a heat lamp which is 60 watts (basking spot is 92 degrees), and a tropical uvb bulb which i believe is somewhere between 100-150 watts(new one coming the mail)),What is your daily lighting schedule? (12 hrs on, twelve hrs off, 8:22am-8:22pm lights on)
◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)?(the cage is a steady 75 degrees all around, basking spot reaches about 92 degrees) Lowest overnight temp?(id say 72, my room stay very warm) How do you measure these temps? cool side is measured with a simple stick on thermometer and hygrometer, basking spot is checked with a flir thermal camera and a digital thermometer)
◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? (50-70) How are you creating and maintaining these levels?(misting cage, naturally humid house) What do you use to measure humidity? (simple stick on hygrometer)
◦ Plants - Are you using live plants?(no but they’re coming in the mail) If so, what kind?
◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? (on top of my desk) Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas?(no, there is a fan in the middle of the room but it’s on low and pointed away from her, to circulate air) At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?(probablyabout 5 and a half feet or so)
◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?(pennsylvania usa)
Current Problem -
alright so i just gave the feeders baby carrots that’s the best option i have right now, will those be okay?I know we went over this in a previous post, but are getting/making a better gutload? Do you have calcium with D3 (phosphorus free) and a multivitamin? I would possibly lay off on the superworms to once or twice a week or as a treat. Cage should be 2ft by 2ft by 4ft tall. What is your new uvb going to be? What types of plants are you getting? I know this doesn’t answer your question, so I’m sorry about that, but let’s get this squared away, shall we?
Perfect, thank you! Superworms won’t pupate unless they’re by themselves, so as long as you don’t have one, you’re good!alright so i just gave the feeders baby carrots that’s the best option i have right now, will those be okay?
i do not but i will get some when i get a chance to go to the pet store
okay i’ll do that i just don’t want them to die or pupate before i have a chance to feed them off
yeah the previous owners though he was a female so i’ll have to upgrade the cage except his cage will need moved because i don’t have the space for it so i’ll have to make some
arcadia 6% linear uvb 22 inch i believe
pothos, ficus, umbrella tree
that’s interesting! i didn’t know that, so they’ll keep for a long time then?Perfect, thank you! Superworms won’t pupate unless they’re by themselves, so as long as you don’t have one, you’re good!
thank you so much! it feels so good to know that i was able to learn and fix things as quickly as i couldYes and yes! I’m proud of you!
i don’t have any other reptiles in the house, only dogs and mice
do you think i should go to the vet? or just let it be unless it gets worse