What’s one more?

I can't tell you how many I had because it varied and they weren't all chameleons. I had water dragons, several species of geckos, tortoises/turtles, beardies, cone heads (laemanctus), forest chameleons (corytophanes) , cordylus lizards, etc and lots of chameleons!

Told you it was insanity! :)
Sounds incredible! We all need a touch of insanity. :)

Honestly, I’m surprised it took you this long to expand! I’m super stoked for you! That’s a show stopper! Also, and don’t tell anyone on the forums I said this, but you can keep him in exactly the same conditions as your veiled. Basking at 80-85, ambient in the 70’s, nightime as low as 45, daytime RH as low as 30, nightime RH near 100. Again, don’t tell anyone I said this, or I’ll get into real trouble on the forums. Thank god this is a private chat...oh wait...damn!
Well, only 1 1/2 years ago I started with one and now have 4! Was going to wait and get a female panther, but this guy came along and, well....
Lol I won’t tell a soul. ? Right now he is pretty much getting the same as my veileds but since having to hand mist, I’m giving him an extra one for a bit higher humidity.

So, I have a beautiful panther now. It wasn’t planned, but it happened and I’ve absolutely no regrets. I was told he’s an Ambilobe, about a year old and possibly wild caught (his prior owner said he ordered him from overseas). Although his previous owner adored him, there appeared to be a bit of a knowledge deficit on correct husbandry and there’s a few issues to correct. He does have an eye problem and I suspect a bit of mbd (weak grip, wonky-looking foreleg). I was concerned about his head being so puffy, but @Beman said it looks like he’s overweight vs edema. We have our vet visit for Monday...quarantined until then.
All of that aside, he is so horribly sweet! OMG! What a huge difference from my veileds! Is this really how you panther people have it?
Ok, now all chatter aside, welcome Jack!?
*If anyone wants to expand on what type of Ambilobe, that would be cool. :)
View attachment 281900
He is so gorgeous and one lucky boy! He knows has a wonderful and loving forever home!

Thanks all for the love! ?
Have to admit I’m worried about him...seems a bit lethargic this morning and almost like he’s depressed. He slept on top of a plant pot and didn’t move after I turned his lights on. After about an hour I had to move him up to bask and warm up. Had to gently force him to grab a branch and get off my hand. Checked another hour later and he very literally didn’t budge even a fraction of a millimeter from where I placed him - still had his back leg just kind of sitting on a leaf rather than gripping. Monday’s vet visit can’t come soon enough. Wanna get this sweet little man on the correct road to optimal health and vigor.

Thanks all for the love! ?
Have to admit I’m worried about him...seems a bit lethargic this morning and almost like he’s depressed. He slept on top of a plant pot and didn’t move after I turned his lights on. After about an hour I had to move him up to bask and warm up. Had to gently force him to grab a branch and get off my hand. Checked another hour later and he very literally didn’t budge even a fraction of a millimeter from where I placed him - still had his back leg just kind of sitting on a leaf rather than gripping. Monday’s vet visit can’t come soon enough. Wanna get this sweet little man on the correct road to optimal health and vigor.
Being as how he probably did not have the right supplements along with his incorrect uvb it will be a bit of a process for him. hopefully you can get a fecal to get checked when you go Monday.

My experience with Panthers as you know was very limited and well not exactly the best but keep in mind they do not grip the way a Veiled will it is not a death force grip from what others have told me. Mine was sick so the grip was quite weak so I don't know how different it really is but that is what other keepers of both told me.

Most definitely getting a fecal... some labs and maybe even an x ray & whatever else he needs.
I checked him again and he did move a few inches. He is parking himself more under the uvb than the basking light. His right eye he keeps closed and it’s had a small crustiness. Also is itchy as he’s been rubbing it. I did a saline wash yesterday and again just a little bit ago. He perked up after I got the little crust off and kept it open for a little while. I’m not brave enough to do a true eye flush...leaving that for the vet. Hopefully I’m just overly anxious and it’s his eye that is his biggest problem and reason for not seeming very well. I’ll just feel so much better after the vet evaluates him.

Good luck with Jack, he's in great hands now! My panthers always had less of a death grip than my veileds, so that's pretty normal. I agree that he's been overfed, and will probably not be pleased at the idea of a diet. Congrats!
Thank you! He’s started on his diet and thankfully he likes roaches. :)

It’s only been a few days and I am so in love with this little guy. ??? He’s been eating his roaches and moving around between basking and uvb lights and then at night to under the plants to sleep. I haven’t seen him drink yet and suppose he, like my others, is a secret drinker. Waiting for a poo to see his urate and for a fecal at the vet tomorrow.

Thank you! Yes, he’s hit the jackpot for great care and much love. ?

I think I reached addiction after Hammlet. ?
Whether hissing at me or super sweet, I respect and adore them all.
Morph doesn’t really make much difference to me...is more curiosity at how it’s determined.

Thank you! Loving his colors!
Absolutely @MissSkittles ?????

Back
Top Bottom