What’s one more?

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
So, I have a beautiful panther now. It wasn’t planned, but it happened and I’ve absolutely no regrets. I was told he’s an Ambilobe, about a year old and possibly wild caught (his prior owner said he ordered him from overseas). Although his previous owner adored him, there appeared to be a bit of a knowledge deficit on correct husbandry and there’s a few issues to correct. He does have an eye problem and I suspect a bit of mbd (weak grip, wonky-looking foreleg). I was concerned about his head being so puffy, but @Beman said it looks like he’s overweight vs edema. We have our vet visit for Monday...quarantined until then.
All of that aside, he is so horribly sweet! OMG! What a huge difference from my veileds! Is this really how you panther people have it?
Ok, now all chatter aside, welcome Jack!?
*If anyone wants to expand on what type of Ambilobe, that would be cool. :)
A7B58B42-2391-41AC-A618-80EE531B8FC0.jpeg

Hi Jack! You are going to another wonderful home! ? @MissSkittles will take wonderful care of you! He is so beautiful and handsome! ??(y)
Thank you! Yes, he’s hit the jackpot for great care and much love. ?
Well, @MissSkittles ...one more makes a definite addiction!!! :)
Most panthers are much nicer in temperament than veileds!
Can't help you with the morph.....sorry.
Enjoy!
I think I reached addiction after Hammlet. ?
Whether hissing at me or super sweet, I respect and adore them all.
Morph doesn’t really make much difference to me...is more curiosity at how it’s determined.
He's gorgeous. :)
Thank you! Loving his colors!

Maybe this is the key to owning Veileds??? Like you must have one Panther to balance the level of hatred from the Veileds :hilarious:
I am so glad you got him. Just don't enable me the way I enable you, ok? :LOL:
Hmm...:unsure: if that’s the case, then looks like I should start enabling you too!?
I was hesitant for taking on another, but am so very glad that I did. Thanks for enabling me, but no more! I’m now officially out of space. :)

NOOOOO!!!!! :eek: Too many for me!
I feel ya... the boys are each on different feeding schedules and amounts right now.. My brain hurts trying to track it all. And then you add up the time for cleaning enclosures and blah blah blah. lol 3 is my max. Someday a Panther though to balance the attitude lol.

I used to have so many cages that if I started to clean them at nine in the morning I'd still be at it at 9 pm...or even later! And you think you're addicts!?!?!? Haha! I was crazy and an addict!!! :)
Wow! How many did you have? No wonder why you know so very much!
If I had the space, time and money....

I can't tell you how many I had because it varied and they weren't all chameleons. I had water dragons, several species of geckos, tortoises/turtles, beardies, cone heads (laemanctus), forest chameleons (corytophanes) , cordylus lizards, etc and lots of chameleons!

Told you it was insanity! :)

So, I have a beautiful panther now. It wasn’t planned, but it happened and I’ve absolutely no regrets. I was told he’s an Ambilobe, about a year old and possibly wild caught (his prior owner said he ordered him from overseas). Although his previous owner adored him, there appeared to be a bit of a knowledge deficit on correct husbandry and there’s a few issues to correct. He does have an eye problem and I suspect a bit of mbd (weak grip, wonky-looking foreleg). I was concerned about his head being so puffy, but @Beman said it looks like he’s overweight vs edema. We have our vet visit for Monday...quarantined until then.
All of that aside, he is so horribly sweet! OMG! What a huge difference from my veileds! Is this really how you panther people have it?
Ok, now all chatter aside, welcome Jack!?
*If anyone wants to expand on what type of Ambilobe, that would be cool. :)
View attachment 281900
Honestly, I’m surprised it took you this long to expand! I’m super stoked for you! That’s a show stopper! Also, and don’t tell anyone on the forums I said this, but you can keep him in exactly the same conditions as your veiled. Basking at 80-85, ambient in the 70’s, nightime as low as 45, daytime RH as low as 30, nightime RH near 100. Again, don’t tell anyone I said this, or I’ll get into real trouble on the forums. Thank god this is a private chat...oh wait...damn!

Back
Top Bottom